PDA

View Full Version : Graco TB v. Parkway SG

nyc_mom
01-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi,

Trying to find a booster narrow enough to do a 3 across in the back row of my Sienna. I have 2 TB now but need a 3rd booster in there for carpool. Is another TB the way to go or is the PW a narrower fit? any other options out there that i am missing? if it helps, the booster is for a 5.6 yr old, 50 lbs, 47 inches, with long legs.

TIA!

Joolsplus2
01-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I know the Turbo is one of the worst choices for 3-across, the old PW used to be the best, now it has armrest (con), but shallower sidewings (pro) so it's probably a little easier than the Turbo.

nyc_mom
01-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Of course i have two Turbos. Just my luck. Didn't think I would be doing 3 across but have a new baby on the way. There's no way to find the old PW is there? Any other narrow booster options?

robinsmommy
01-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Ack! I just got a turbo for three across, I guess it'll go back.....I saw some old parkways come up awhile ago, shoulda got one - they are gone now......

is it even worth trying the turbo Jools? we're in a Prius, so I'm guessing not.

Funny, by the measurements, the turbo is one of the narrower seats, but I guess the measurements aren't everything.

Any other good choices? We have a vivo, radians for the younger one, and a Blvd. The Blvd is awful for puzzling when RF.

nyc_mom
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
what about the vivo? is it an option for a narrow booster? thought i'd read it wasn't good for kids with long legs. any advice?

Joolsplus2
01-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I've seen Vivos in 3-across, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are easy, maybe as hard as a Turbo, but maybe easier, it all depends on the seat it's next to and the belt geometry :(. Yeah, the Turbo is narrow on paper, but the way the armrests are built makes it just so boxy and hard to reach the buckle...maybe it's ok if you have really long buckle stalks, but newer cars seem to have them get shorter and less flexible (great for installing harnessed seats...a bummer for boosters, lol). Oh, Vivos are shallow, but the seat leans down, they are surprisingly comfy for long legged kiddos (not square and hard under the thighs like the Turbo can be).

robinsmommy
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok, I know that the Monterey is wide across the shoulders, but how is it in the base? Might it puzzle well with a RF radian? I want to say that I saw somewhere that it is 15" across the base. Not sure what that means relative to the whole on paper vs reality thing.

Any other options we're missing? I know there are the Oobr seats, but just not in my budget.

I know about the RSTV, but we already have an older small, the new one *might* fit DD, but for a long-torsoed skinny kid, the old style just doesn't work. And what a pain for carpooling, esp with girls in dresses....not to mention the SIP lack - I know it holds kids in well, but I worry about their necks in a side-impact situation.

?????I'm starting to be at a loss. I'll try the turbo w/o the back first, but I begin to suspect you're right. I don't see another vivo working for us either.

Ugh. I wish I had a friend close by with a closet full of old boosters.....