PDA

View Full Version : iPhone app food log/diary?

egoldber
01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I want to start tracking my food intake again. I'd like to find an iPhone app and preferably one that is free. :)

Mermanaid
01-04-2010, 01:27 PM
I use Lose It (and love it). I don't remember if it was free or if I paid $.99.

nfowife
01-05-2010, 02:54 AM
Lose it! is fabulous and free. Great for counting calories!

For WW, I am now using iWatchr. It is not free- $2, but worth it for me, since I can't go to meetings on my own anyhow. Can I just say I hate having to track what I eat? Ugh.

egoldber
01-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks. I'm trying out Lose It.

I wish it had a bigger database and/or included Trader Joe foods though.

WatchingThemGrow
01-05-2010, 09:14 AM
I wish it had a bigger database and/or included Trader Joe foods though.
Can you add them to it?

ZeeBaby
01-05-2010, 09:21 AM
When I couldn't find a certain food on Lose it, I would google it and then store it. Once you add something once to your food log it saves it. I lost almost 10lbs with Lose it. Of course I gained it back with DD2, but that is another thread.

egoldber
01-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Yes, you can add them. I just wish it had a larger database to start with. :) It does has a lot of built in foods, but none from TJ (where we shop a lot) and not so many of the ones we typically buy.

egoldber
01-05-2010, 09:32 AM
When I couldn't find a certain food on Lose it, I would google it and then store it.

How do you do that? Do you mean on the PC? I'm using it exclusively on the iPhone.

ZeeBaby
01-05-2010, 10:36 AM
I would just go to google.com and put in how many calories in etc, I would also try calories.com. It is tedious and not always accurate, but I found it to be much better then not counting at all and having no idea on calorie on consumption. I would also use the labeling from the packaging if I had it.

egoldber
01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, I add it in from the packaging or just use something that's "close enough".

lellolicious
01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
If you're on ww, Edibles costs $5, but you can enter a custom formula to figure out the points value based on the calories/fat/fiber you input. It's a little tricky to get up and running, but i'm really digging it now!

I really miss wwcalc that i had on my palm pilot years ago, with an endless database of food. =-(