PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Are you trying to give me a coronary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIU8
01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
UPDATE: Got it resolved. The idiot nurse from the hospital was not supposed to call me until after 3 so all of both kids paperwork could be processed. She called me at 1 with just info on DS. attempted to call the ENT who kept cutting me off. Finally I got the scheduler at the hospital who told me what happened and that this nurse was asked to please not call me again until after 3 pm when I will be given the times for both kids surgeries.

that nurse nearly killed me. Both kids have been home and away from people since December 24th so they would be well for the procedure. I have this week when I'm working a lessened schedule. Then I have deadlines to meet or I don't get paid. A little stressed out to say the least. Plus, my mother is coming up on Friday b/c DH and I have a family wedding on Sunday and kids are not invited (and my kids can't be around crowds again until about January 12th).

Everything ok now. My blood pressure is returning to normal.

First our insurance told us we were cancelled as of dec 31st. DH's company was bought in Nov during open season. They require you go online to make changes to your coverage. However, DH was required to do all the initiall paperwork. They didn't catch up with themselves, so they attempted to cancel us. That is resolved.

Then the ENT was having issues getting through for preapproval for DD and DS's surgeries tomorrow. That is resolved.

Today the hospital calls with info about DS's surgery. what about DD--they didn't schedule her. I AM SO MAD I'M SHAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had better resolve this NOW. We did both kids at the same time for a reason and are unable to take off work another 2 weeks for DD at a later date (and she starts speech therapy next week--AFTER THE SURGERY).

Meanwhile the hospital got preop sheets for both children. I'm still shaking. I have called the ENT 3x to talk to the scheduler. Each time I'm put on hold and HUNG UP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wencit
01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Oh my goodness, that is just TERRIBLE!!! I hope you can get all the paperwork resolved soon. I hate hate hate dealing with hospital insurance!

jgenie
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Oh no!! I would be livid!! Hope they get everything sorted out. :hug:

kozachka
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
:hug: as if it's not bad enough having both of your kids go through surgery, now you have to also deal with all of this cr@p. Hopefully, everything gets resolved soon and surgeries go well.

KrisM
01-04-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm glad to hear it is sorted out and that it was *just* a nurse causing the problem not something bigger like insurance.

Good luck with the surgeries!

mommylamb
01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm so glad you got that resolved. That would have sent me into the stratosphere!

jgenie
01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear they got it sorted out for you!! Good luck with the surgeries!!!

niccig
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh Phew...now go eat some chocolate or whatever will work to get your blood pressure back to normal...good luck for tomorrow.

MontrealMum
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
WOW! Glad to hear that's all straightened out, and GL with the surgeries :)

elephantmeg
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
glad it's all better! Good luck!