PDA

View Full Version : Long Underwear Recommendations??

eliasmom
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Brrrrrrr, it is so cold here and I can't seem to find my old long underwear. Anyone in a cold climate have some good recommendations for me?

TIA

lizzywednesday
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
My SIL swears by CuddlDuds by (I think) Hanes. They are available at Target; IDK how their pricing or sizing runs, though.

The last time I bought anything like that, though, I bought Lands End silk interlock which lasted me several years before I had to toss it due to my weight gain.

Alternately, you can try UnderArmour, but that stuff's expensive and I find it runs small.

robinsmommy
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I second the LE silk - DH hubby has it and it is great. One word of warning, though - don't wash silk (or wool for that matter) with a detergent or stain thing that has enzymes in it. Enzymes eat wool and silk.....:(

eliasmom
01-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks, ladies! I'm going to go ahead and order the LE silk.

MontrealMum
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
For wearing under clothing (not for excercising in cold weather) I prefer a silkweight. It will keep you warm w/o the binding, trussed-up feeling that a heavier weight can cause. Silks slide against other materials (ie, your pants) and have a bit of give in them (allowing you to bend your knees!).

The brand really depends on your size and build. For instance, Patagonia runs very short. I'm only 5'7" (so, the short end of tall) and they fit me like floods. I now buy the men's instead, which, of course, are annoyingly baggy in *some* areas. My Eddie Bauer and MEC silks have held up better than LLB; EB is longer in the arms and legs. Never had LE. In any case, make sure you put them in a lingerie bag for washing - they'll last longer that way.

I don't think that Craft makes a smooth silkweight (it's ribbed) but they are my favorite for all-around fit. They are amazingly stretchy. A size 6 and a size 14 woman could comfortably wear the same pair. Seriously.

Andi98989
01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm a CuddlDuds fan - you can find them at Target, Kohls, Sam's Club - all over the place.