PDA

View Full Version : Destination Maternity Nightmare

kajath
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I have been a customer at Motherhood for friends and was excited to shop there for my first pregnancy. However after having recieve giftcards for my showers and the wrong size PJs for Christmas. I am horrifed by thier returns process. I was told in the store the 34 Es were not carried and I had to pay shipping to get them , then upon returning the PJs the saleswoman tried to convince me they might fit, when she finally exchanged them there were NO mediums in that store, the wearhouse or any other stores. I asked her to combine the giftcards and my store credit and she said they couldn't and then I was to discover I had to call and use my credit card to use 2 giftcards at once. This is outrageous , 3 days after I paid shipping and placed the order the wharehouse got the pj's I had wanted and told they weren't getting any more of. I was told I could pay $12 more for shipping , and wait for a refund and that only 6 were available...for a store that is supposed to cater to pregnant womanthey have only made things a hassle.

ThreeofUs
01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Sorry you had this experience!

Pretty typical of Motherhood stores, though, at least IME and for other folks I know. And their clothes fall apart!

SnuggleBuggles
01-04-2010, 05:41 PM
That stinks. :(

I never shopped there b/c their return policy is horrible and they sell your personal information. Not ok with that. Old Navy and Target worked better for me.

Beth

michellerw
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I hate them. They suck, their quality sucks and you can literally buy something and walk halfway out of the store and STILL not be able to return/exchange it because of their utterly Draconian return policy.

About 15 years ago, a friend of my mom's was 14 or so weeks pregnant and her mom bought her a bunch of stuff at a local Motherhood store. In the meantime, my mom's friend found out that the baby had failed to develop past a certain point and she would need a D&C. So her mother had purchased literally hundreds of dollars of maternity clothes for her daughter -- which still had the tags on them -- that couldn't be returned because of their utterly inhumane business practices. I'll never forget how mom's neighbor/friend came over in tears after the whole thing happened. First the ordeal at the doctor and the D&C. Then the ordeal with Motherhood, which was the final straw.

Also, their plus size section sucks.

boltfam
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry you had such bad service. Like pp's, I find that typical of Motherhood. I'm trying to steer clear of that store as much as I can during this pregnancy. I did, however, get VERY lucky there one time and they took a sweater back after the ten days! I was in absolute shock!

viba424
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Booo on them! Thats lame.

I also think those jive turkeys signed me up for a magazine without my permission.

SnuggleBuggles
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Booo on them! Thats lame.

I also think those jive turkeys signed me up for a magazine without my permission.

yep, that's what I meant about them selling your personal info. I got on so many mailing lists and it was either them or the formula companies the OBs practically insisted I sign up with that sold me out.

With ds2 I didn't sign up for anything, anywhere and got no junk mail or anything that would make people think a baby was on it's way to our home. Much better!

Beth

MamaMolly
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
I loved their nursing shirts...for about 10 minutes. Then they all shrank a LOT in the wash and the friggin tags on the side of the waist itched to death and were impossible to cut out. Even when I cut the tag the little bit under the threads still itched like crazy. Not something a new mama with a nursing every 45 minutes reflux newborn needs. To itch like the devil. Boo on Motherhood!!!

sansdieu
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
I hate them! I didn't have a bra-fitting store close to me when DD was born, so I went to Destination Maternity to get measured. They measured me incorrectly (or, rather, just decided to give me the biggest size they had in the store, since they didn't carry my size). I was so dazed at the time that I could barely comprehend what was going on. So I ended up with a totally useless 40E bra (when I was 36H at the time) that I could not return.

lorinick
01-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry. I never had a problem there. I did shop at BRU alot and they have a Motherhood section. And you get the BRU return policy 90 days with a rec. I could never find any good pants that fit from there. I like Gap and Old Navy.

pinkflamingo
01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I bought a pair of black pants there last week that look great, were cheap but are SO itchy. They are 100% cotton so I don't get it- did they put the wrong tag or what?
Anyway, while I was there, the woman said that Sears carries their items now. the store is literally steps from sears in the mall, so I walked by (I never shop at sears, but anyway..)
Does Sears have a more flexible return policy on Motherhood stuff? They had IDENTICAL stuff- prices, patterns, outfits, everything...

brittone2
01-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Another non-fan of Motherhood/Destination Maternity, although I've had a mixed bag with even Gap maternity this time around (but return policy was a little better).

I've noticed Kohl's (online) sells Motherhood jeans, etc. online. Haven't been to a B&M Kohls in a while so not sure about what they carry in store, and not sure what their return policy is.

MamaSnoo
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Several of our local Macy's have their stuff, so I bought some. Some of it was ok, some things fell apart. My big issue was that even in Macy's, they had the same super-strict no-returns policy. So, if you by Motherhood through another retail outlet, just be careful and ask specifically about the returns on those pieces. The policy for Motherhood may not be what you are used to for that store.

MCsMom
01-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I was a customer there while pregnant with DD and as far as retail clothing goes, they have the absolute WORST return policy EVER! I bought a couple of bras, 2 "sport" nursing ones that are useless except to sleep in and 2 underwire ones that were so uncomfortable after 10 minutes of wearing and had no hope of returning. I also bought a couple of dresses but mainly I shopped at Target, Old Navy, the clearance rack at Macy's and once, a fancy boutique when I needed a dress for the baby shower.

If we get pregnant again, I will NOT be wasting my time at the store.

Oh, and I used to work retail clothing and I can tell you that I have never come across a crazier return policy.