PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Trader Joe's items

deborah_r
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Why do they do this to us? I bought one box of these dark chocolate covered caramels topped with sea salt. I am totally craving them and they are GONE, chain-wide, according to the person I talked to at the register. They weren't particularly Christmas themed - maybe they could bring them back for Valentine's Day.

I am so bummed. I scooted over there on my lunch break hoping to get more. :(

MamaMolly
01-04-2010, 06:42 PM
ITA! The sipping chocolate is what I'm missing. I had planned to buy a lot to ship when we moved only to learn that is is a seasonal item and I was packing in August. Sigh. I told DH I don't care where we go to vacation in the US, it just has to be near a Trader Joes! I need to refill my pantry. :)

lizzywednesday
01-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I wanted to get the chocolate-covered peppermint Joe-Joes for a gift just before Christmas ... and forgot they'd been issued as a very limited run.

I'm blaming preggo-brain.

Zansu
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
My TJ's had the fleur de sel (?) caramels yesterday. PM me if you want me to pick up a few for you :)

deborah_r
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
My TJ's had the fleur de sel (?) caramels yesterday. PM me if you want me to pick up a few for you :)

I think I saw those today. They didn't seem to have any chocolate. The ones I am looking for are in a small box with a picture of a lighthouse on it, and are covered in dark chocolate. But thank you!

jenandahalf
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
The sipping chocolate isn't seasonal. At least not in Chicago.

MMMommy
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Our TJ's still had a ton of the candy cane Joe Joe's, but none of the dark chocolate covered mint ones anymore.

MamaMolly
01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
The sipping chocolate isn't seasonal. At least not in Chicago.

Cruel, my dear. Just cruel. Get some and enjoy a cup for me?

I specifically asked at the customer service counter and was told that (at our NOVA location at least) that it was only coming back around the holidays. They have the usual cocoa, but I want the little brown and gold tins of insane chocolaty goodness. So I guess that this summer we will be hanging out in your neck of the woods...;)

michellerw
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Molly, they had it at the Reston store last weekend. Call them and see if they still have it in stock. If you end up going over there, bring weapons in order to brave the parking lot.

MamaMolly
01-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Molly, they had it at the Reston store last weekend. Call them and see if they still have it in stock. If you end up going over there, bring weapons in order to brave the parking lot.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm in EBF now. As in East Bumble F*ck. Or to be more exact, I'm in South of Nowhere Bumble F*ck. We headed back overseas, into the sipping chocolate abyss, in September. BOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!

But you know...thinking about it...I'm not above asking one of my girlfriends back 'home' to buy me about 10 and ship them to my sister. I'll see her at some point in the coming year. Off to burn up the lines on Facebook! YAY! :kisscheek:

deenass
01-05-2010, 12:30 AM
oops! ignore my post.

mommylamb
01-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Well, in some ways I'm glad... if peppermint joe joes were available throughout the year I would buy them throughout the year and eat them all! They are my favorites.

Though, I was really said when the pumpkin bread and the ginger bread mixes went away.

egoldber
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought the pumpkin bread mix was year round? Or maybe it's the banana bread I'm thinking of.

mommylamb
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
I thought the pumpkin bread mix was year round? Or maybe it's the banana bread I'm thinking of.

I haven't seen pumpkin bread mix since early in December, so I assumed it was something they did for Thanksgiving. So I moved onto the ginger bread mix. Then they took that away. DS and I made a beer bread the other day (yum). He liked poring the beer into the mix and watching it fizz. I don't remember seeing banana bread mix at all.

egoldber
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I know that mine has banana bread mix year round.

Melanie
01-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't know. It kills me. Especially with the basic stuff like powdered sugar.

And I LOVE those chocolates so I, for one, am glad they're gone for another year. LOL.