PDA

View Full Version : Marathon install problem

Swimfreak78
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
All:

I'm ashamed to admit it - but we ocassionally turn DS FF (he's 21 months and 32 lbs). Tonight I had to take my car into the dealer (car problems :-() but that's another issue. I tried and couldn't get the seat to install FF no matter what I tried so I put it in RF. DH is concerned that DS is "Squished" thus we have him FF in his car and RF in my SUV. Why can't I seem to figure out how to FF? What am I doing wrong?

jjordan
01-04-2010, 09:06 PM
What was the problem? Did you do seatbelt or LATCH?

Swimfreak78
01-07-2010, 08:56 PM
LATCH. I couldn't get the seat in tight like I could RF. Finally my husband showed me. I had somehow gotten the LATCH all screwed up. After untangling -- install was a breeze. Ahh went with my day!

jjordan
01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Aw, sorry you had a bad day. Glad you got it figured out though. :)

mom2binsd
01-07-2010, 11:26 PM
If you're switching back and forth are you also switching your latch connectors..they go different for FF and RF...also for RF you use the recline not so for FF/this could be the problem maybe....also the straps might not be at the right height either....switching would be a pain, my DH has learned not to question my car seat installss. At 32lbs he's probably close to the RF limit (unless you have the newer 35 lb RF seats..so you'll have to deal with the FF install, hopefully you aren't doing any of this in freezing temps!