PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to explode

Sweetum
01-05-2010, 04:03 AM
they're gone...and so my post is going too ...thanks all for listening...

citymama
01-05-2010, 04:50 AM
6 month visit???? OMG, you need a tall drink, a beach vacation, and an award, in that order! Having my nice ILs over for 6 days would be too much; having your control freak ILs over for 6 months is criminal! Can't you talk to your DH about it? Send them off on a nice vacation somewhere to some other relatives? Yikes! You have my sympathies.

hillview
01-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Egads -- nightmare! So so sorry. Go hide :)
/hillary

jgenie
01-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Wow - she has some nerve. I agree with pp - is there a way to send them somewhere to 'relax' for a while? :hug: I hope their time with you goes very quickly.

ThreeofUs
01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Wow. Sounds like a horrible situation! I'm so sorry you're going through this!

IMHO such people deserve the coldest of shoulders and frankly ignoring them. Or you could always divert her by talking about "bean dip". Just like a baby, sounds like she doesn't know how to handle herself, so maybe giving her something else to think about would help.

kedss
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
We had a six month 'visit' from the inlaws about 3 years ago, we still don't really get along that well, even though they have been living in Iceland the last almost 3 years. (Their choice, but a good one for me). Hugs, I hope you are getting close to the end of their 'visit'.

viba424
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Who does six month visits? I'd do a six month run-away-from-home if that were the case! That is long!

Sounds like that is just her personality and style. Its unfortunate. Its probably taken her years to get to that level of yelling and crabbiness too. I hope for the best for you.

boolady
01-05-2010, 03:05 PM
6 month visit???? OMG, you need a tall drink, a beach vacation, and an award, in that order! Having my nice ILs over for 6 days would be too much; having your control freak ILs over for 6 months is criminal! Can't you talk to your DH about it? Send them off on a nice vacation somewhere to some other relatives? Yikes! You have my sympathies.

:yeahthat: Honestly, at first, I didn't get much past the 6 month thing...then I had to go back and read the rest. Yikes. You said they're leaving soon, so maybe it's just best to try and "not hear" her from time to time. As a PP said, it unfortunately just seems to be her personality. I don't know if what's likely to ensue if you started something up with her would be worth it, unless it guaranteed that they would never, ever come for 6 months again.

TwinFoxes
01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
I totally feel your pain. My MIL, and SILs do a nicer version of this. "Why do you do that? Huh, I've never done it that way". WHO CARES WHAT YOU DO? They have all kinds of helpful suggestions about things that just don't (or shouldn't) matter to them!

I can't even get my head around 6 months! You're a saint.

maestramommy
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
6 months?? My head is spinning. I love my MIL, but even I couldn't handle having her visit (or anyone else, for that matter!) for 6 months. Unless I was drinking heavily:p

:hug::hug: You said they're leaving soon, right?

Melanie
01-05-2010, 03:46 PM
OMG. 6 Months? I hope your husband knows you're a saint.

Sweetum
01-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Thank you, everyone for your kind words :hug:

Yes, 6 months - they are "visiting" us to help take care of then 6 month old DS (while both me and DH are away at work), and I do really appreciate that. Btw, I'd never asked them to do that - DH did.

I guess there's only so much I am willing to let go, and I happen to be a little more independent than most MILs where I come from are used to (India). I. Need. My. Space. And she's certainly well beyond the limit.

Yes, only a couple of weeks more to go....yay for that! :yay: But DS is going to miss them :(

Thank you all of listening and chiming in...:hug::hug::hug:

MMMommy
01-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Wow. 6 months, and you still have some semblance of sanity? I would go NUTS. No way, no how. Could never do 6 months, let alone 6 days. Shudder.

Melanie
01-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Ah, so that explains it. My neighbors are from India. They had, at one point, living in their (spacious) home, great-grandma, grandma, grandpa, uncle, new aunt, toddler and infant. AND they would have guests, too! I admired how they all worked as a household team but OMG I thought I would have gone nuts if it was me!

Tondi G
01-06-2010, 02:56 AM
YIKES 6 months is a long time... especially when you have a baby in the house!

Next time she demands to know what you were doing with your husband alone in your own bedroom I would just blurt out "well you know, your son was feeling a little frisky so I gave him a quick blow job!" I think that would probably shut her up real quick! Maybe she would think before demanding to know what 2 adult people were up to!

Hang in there