PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about what this could be?

KarenLud
01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
So I have the mirena IUD, have had it since May of 09. Last week or so I've had some mild cramping and then was feeling nauseous in the afternoons. Both symptoms were what I felt when I just found out I was pregnant back in 08. The cramping feels like light menstrual cramps and/or expanding uterus. Anyway, I call the advice nurse, she tells me to take a pregnancy test (negative) and schedules me an appt but it's not until next week. I'm kinda freaking out that a)I'm pregnant and have an IUD-impacts on me and/or baby or b)the stupid iud has moved its way into another part of my body and has impacted my baby making parts and/or c) some kind of infection. Ugh. The nurse told me to call back if the cramps got worse, but I hate waiting until next week to be seen. Am I just freaking out for no reason here (likely)? Anyone else have this experience. Oh and I should add, AF hasn't visited me since 7/08..so I keep wondering if maybe she'll be paying me a visit..but so far..nada. Thanks for any thoughts or advice here.

Mermanaid
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Interestingly enough, I had about the same set of symptoms almost a year in to my mirena. Took the HPT, called the doctor, etc. I was told that it is a normal thing to happen, my body was reacting to the hormones and not to worry about it. About two or three weeks after that the symptoms subsided. Now, just over a year after that, I've had another "episode" with similar symptoms.

I wouldn't freak out yet ... espc since your HPT came back negative.