PDA

View Full Version : What hair conditioner do you use?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I swear, since having kids, my hair has changed. It used to be silky smooth and straight (think Pantene commercial!), and now it's slightly frizzy and there are a few hairs that are kinky. (and more white hairs, but I don't know that I can blame the kids for that!)

I like Pantene and Garnier Fructise and one more (that smelly good one in the blue bottle, Loreal maybe?). But none of them seem to get my hair to close to what it used to be. I hate to say it, but my hair is now kind of ... nappy. Ugh.

Recommend your conditioner, please!
--Jennifer
PS: And if there's anything special you do to deep condition, I'd love to hear that too. I only comb with a wide tooth comb and blow dry half way, just enough to get the wet out, so I don't think that I'm stressing my hair. Please tell me that I just need to change my hair product and that my hair is now permanently ruined from having kids.

TwoBees
01-05-2010, 06:19 PM
The neutrogena deep conditioner in the yellow/orange tub is the best. It leaves my hair super soft.

The L'oreal Vive Pro in the pink bottle is also great.

IMO Pantene and garnier are awful.

LexyLou
01-05-2010, 06:26 PM
I use Redken All Soft. I have very dry hair and I love it.

AnnieW625
01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
My favorite is Redken's All Soft. I use it each time I wash my hair (so daily or every other day). I blow dry my hair each time I wash my hair too and I never get the "your hair is too dry" talk from my stylist. I have also used Nexxus Humectress with good luck. Weekly I use Pantene's Restorative conditioner.

MelissaTC
01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
To condition, I love Agadir hair oil. http://www.agadirint.com/AgadirArganOil.html I only use a tiny bit and try to do it once a week since my hair is naturally oily.

eta that I purchased it through amazon.

fedoragirl
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
I use Redken All Soft too, but since I got pregnant, I switched to all organic products, and my hair has been gorgeous (if I say so myself).
I deep condition with warm oil--preferrably, coconut oil or even extra virgin olive oil, when I am in a bind. I buy the coconut oil from Indian stores. I warm the oil in the microwave, apply it and massage for 10 min. and leave it on for 4-5 hours or overnight. I wash regularly and my hair comes out silky and shiny without any added product.
It's a little more effort but I am committed to this regimen. I even got my husband started on this.

shawnandangel
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I use Joico K-Pak. It has totally transformed my hair from a big frizzball to commercial hair! I can't say enough good things about it.

jenandahalf
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I use the Pantene beautiful lengths 2-in-1, I don't have time to do separates anymore! I love this product, my hair as been looking great since I started using it last year.

elliput
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Plain old coconut oil is a great deep conditioner.

infomama
01-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I have long poker straight (hi-lighted) hair and I have yet to find a conditioner I love. I gave my mom Fekkai http://www.fekkai.com/ shampoo and conditioner for Christmas and she says it's divine.

DietCokeLover
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I use Aveeno conditioner. I love the way it leaves my hair feeling.

Andi98989
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I bought a conditioner from Whole Foods. HATE IT. It's like using nothing. Right now I'm using a Garnier Fructis one and it's working pretty good; can't wait until it's gone though and I can use the Redken All Soft I got for Christmas. I've used a sample of it before and it was fabulous.

For really deep conditioning right now, I love the Nutrogena Touch of Silk leave-in conditioner. That stuff is awesome. I towel dry, run that through with a wide tooth comb and then blow dry. My hair is beautiful after that.

Mine actually seems straighter than when I was pregnant which is nice, but I got quite a few grays during pregnancy that aren't leaving. Ugh.

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-05-2010, 07:28 PM
L'Anza Trauma treatment, Every single day!

rlu
01-05-2010, 07:34 PM
I use Pantene, the one for long hair. DH bought some Treseme which doesn't work as well for me - I have to use more to make it combable (sp?)

I wash my hair at night, use a wide tooth comb to get out the tangles and don't use a dryblower.

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
When you use it in your hair does it smell overwhelming coconutty? I don't want to walk around all day smelling like sunscreen...

citymama
01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I use Giovanni shampoo and conditioner. If I could afford it, I'd buy Bumble and Bumble - it makes my hair so soft and silky, totally like a commercial!

viba424
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I use Bumble and Bumble creme de coco. Its awesome. You can get it on supersaver, citymama ^ ^ . Saves a bundle that way.

lizzywednesday
01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I've been switching conditioners frequently lately because the non-organic/non-plant-based ones make my upper back break out.

Before my morning sickness hit (and made the smell that was oh-so-yummy pre-pregnancy into something I'd rather not smell every day) I was using Lush's American Cream conditioner, which is the best Lush conditioner I've tried so far mostly because a little goes a LONG way. Unfortunately, the creamsicle scent turns my stomach right now ... and I have a huge bottle in my shower! My other go-to is Koolauin, but sweet scents (it smells like coconut) were a bother for me for most of my pregnancy.

Currently, I am switching between Garnier Fructis 2-in-1 for dry hair and Bumble & Bumble "Sunday" shampoo with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner, mostly because the scents are inoffensive or nonexistent.

If I do a deep-conditioner, my favorite (and has been since high school) is actually V05 hot oil!

citymama
01-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I use Bumble and Bumble creme de coco. Its awesome. You can get it on supersaver, citymama ^ ^ . Saves a bundle that way.

What's supersaver? How much does B&B work out to using this? Do tell!!

niccig
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Please tell. I love their products but not the price.

viba424
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM

Sorry, I meant subscribe and save from Amazon! Its about $18-19 that way, instead of $22-25. You'd probably do even better with the big size bottle. I think Im gonna order some now actually. Im almost out!

newg
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I love Aveda products. I have very fine hair so I use a volume conditioner but they also have a line of products I think called smooth infusions.

SnuggleBuggles
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Whole Foods 365 grapefruit one. Works fine.

Beth

bluestarfish18
01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Pureology Hydrate for everyday use, and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for a deep conditioner

gummibear
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Pre-preg I used Redken All-Soft too.
Am currently using Garnier, and will periodically use Umberto Repair Treatment Masque. The Umberto works great, and is sold at Target!

slworld
01-05-2010, 11:24 PM
I love Aveda products. I have very fine hair so I use a volume conditioner but they also have a line of products I think called smooth infusions.

newg - which volumizing product do you use? My hair strand is medium coarse but it is pretty limp/flat & thinning.

elliput
01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
When you use it in your hair does it smell overwhelming coconutty? I don't want to walk around all day smelling like sunscreen...

No. Definitely not like Hawaiian Tropic. It is very faint.

MMMommy
01-06-2010, 12:04 AM
For the coconut oil fans, has anyone used this? I can't get over the $1 price. Seems like a good bargain! But is it any good?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Conditioner/Coconut-Oil-Hair-and-Scalp-Conditioner/ID=prod4266933&navCount=1&navAction=push-product?V=G&ec=frgl_516521&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku4265803

Tondi G
01-06-2010, 02:29 AM
I bought a yummy Organix coconut shampoo and conditioner for my kids at Vons. They love the coconut smell and I like that it is more natural.

http://www.organixhair.com/coconutmilk.asp

My mom has SUPER frizzy hair and she LOVES Kerasilk

http://www.amazon.com/Goldwell-Kerasilk-Rich-Conditioner-32oz/dp/B000BJUMQC/ref=pd_sim_hpc_3

maestramommy
01-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Sorry wrong thread!

MoJo
01-06-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm with the OP: my hair was never frizzy until after DD was born. (Now, DH says he's never seen anyone else with such frizzy hair). The Garnier and Pantene are the best things I've tried, but I have to use more than just conditioner, especially during the humid summer months. (Smoothing milk helps a lot, and the sleek and shine spray is a life saver if I don't use too much). I'd still say I haven't found what I'm looking for, so I'll have to give some of these recommendations a try.

Now that I'm pregnant, it's oily, flat on top (DH says it needs volume), frizzy on bottom, and not much fun. (It doesn't help that my usual stylist has been on maternity leave herself, so my current haircut isn't quite the usual).

I will second that coconut oil doesn't smell like coconut, but I've never tried it on my hair.

BabyMine
01-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I am still looking. I loved my long, straight, and smooth hair pre TT. OP, your and mine sound exactly the same pre/post. I went to my stylist to have her iron my hair out just so I could get a glympse of what it use to be. I remember a long time ago we had this post and I saw a lot of recommendations for Keratase. I haven't tried it yet though.

catpagmo
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
When I need to deep condition, I use Kerastasae Masquintense for thick hair. They also make a version for thin hair. It's pricey, but wonderful, and I only use it once a week or so.