PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Peg Perego infant seat so bad again?

elektra
01-06-2010, 08:37 PM
A co-worker friend is pregnant and is bouncing baby gear ideas off of me. :D I think I might be scaring her a bit with my knowledge on this topic!
Anyway, she wants to get the PP seat really based on fabric and the fact that it goes with her UPPA Baby Vista. She was leaning towards the Snugride 32 but then liked the look of the PP more.
I told her the Snugride 32 was a better bet but that she could look at the Teutonias too, as they had better fabric and would still fit a Graco stroller adaptor.

I thought it was the install that was bad on the PP, right? What else though?

Joolsplus2
01-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Sorta lame install, and the worst part is that the handle MUST be down in the car. I know parents simply aren't going to do that, so I always warn against seats that must be down. Plus, I dunno, the seats we used to have at BRU had HARD backs, the padding didn't exist there at all under those little spines.
If the Graco Snugride 32/35 is compatible, the Teutonia T-Tario 32 will be, that's a nice looking seat :)

JTsMom
01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
We had a PP with DS, and he hated it. We switched him to a MA at 3 months, and never used the thing again. Recently we had to destroy it b/c it had expired- made me sick to think about all of that $ going down the drain.

Anyway, I've seen so many posts here about babies hating that seat. It just doesn't seem very comfy.

arivecchi
01-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I had the PV and I did not think it was that much different from other infant car seats as they all suck IMO. :ROTFLMAO:Yes, it was heavy. No, it was not hard to install IMO. I used it for DS1 until he was about 8 months, DS2 until he was 4 months. In addition, both of my nephews (2 and 6 months have used it just fine). Having said that, I really only used it in the car and when we went to restaurants with the baby, so perhaps that is why I did not hate it like other people do. I must admit I bought it because it had a good Baby Bargains rating and was the best looking car seat when I bought it back in 06. :bag I liked the toffee color and hated all the ugly prints of the Graco seats.

AnnieW625
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
A co-worker friend is pregnant and is bouncing baby gear ideas off of me. :D I think I might be scaring her a bit with my knowledge on this topic!
Anyway, she wants to get the PP seat really based on fabric and the fact that it goes with her UPPA Baby Vista. She was leaning towards the Snugride 32 but then liked the look of the PP more.
I told her the Snugride 32 was a better bet but that she could look at the Teutonias too, as they had better fabric and would still fit a Graco stroller adaptor.

I thought it was the install that was bad on the PP, right? What else though?

It's an Orange County thing! I don't get it either except I have noticed less of them in recent months, and I actually didn't see any on the shelf at BRUS in Irvine the other day. Honestly the Snugride fabrics aren't all that great; they are kind of fugly. The Peg ones are nice fabric wise though. The Vista also has a Chicco adaptor available (all adaptors have to be bought separately and are $40 or so) too. I still have yet to see the T Tario 32 in person (I always forget about that one) so I can't comment but it does look very nice.

HIU8
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
We had one for DS. It was manu in 2004 so it's not the same as the ones now. It was HORRIBLE. The material was way way to padded and DS would sweat. He also hated the angle and it cramped his shoulders (and DS is a skinny rail with narrow shoulders). He lasted all of 11 weeks in it and we moved him to a MA and he was much much happier. Plus, I hated using the darn thing with the stroller (didn't know any better then so I had a stroller system). Plus, it was very heavy and I felt it was awkward to hold so I never carried him in it.

arivecchi
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Maybe it is a good thing to have a PV then. It discourages overuse of infant car seats! :ROTFLMAO:

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Honestly the Snugride fabrics aren't all that great; they are kind of fugly. The Peg ones are nice fabric wise though.
Our Lotus SR looked almost the same as our neighbor's red/silver PP seat. There are a few that aren't fugly. :)

AnnieW625
01-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Our Lotus SR looked almost the same as our neighbor's red/silver PP seat. There are a few that aren't fugly. :)

That's true, that one is nice, but it's not sold in stores anywhere so I always forget about it. Kind of like the T-Tario 32! Almost anything will be nicer the one we had for DD:
http://tiny.cc/40Ll0

This new Graco pattern shows some promise too!
http://www.babysupermarket.com/Convertible-Carseats/Graco-Sachi-Snugride-Car-Seat/PAAAAAFLPBNLAIGL/3348-3349-3351/Product

GraceH
01-07-2010, 11:46 PM
has she looked at the new SnugRide35 prints?... they look plusher than the SR32s were...

Nooknookmom
01-07-2010, 11:51 PM
My friend watches a little boy who has one, that thing is HEAVY!!! Seroiously, I don't know who could actually carry a kid in that seat. Whoooo!

WatchingThemGrow
01-07-2010, 11:53 PM
That's true, that one is nice, but it's not sold in stores anywhere so I always forget about it. Kind of like the T-Tario 32! Almost anything will be nicer the one we had for DD:
http://tiny.cc/40Ll0

This new Graco pattern shows some promise too!
http://www.babysupermarket.com/Convertible-Carseats/Graco-Sachi-Snugride-Car-Seat/PAAAAAFLPBNLAIGL/3348-3349-3351/Product
The Lotus was at our BBB last time I was there. Don't see it on their site, but it was in our store. The new SR35s do look nice.

codex57
01-08-2010, 05:06 AM
I bought our Lotus in a store. Lullaby Lane in the Bay Area tho, not SoCal.

But yeah, even the Lotus doesn't feel as nice as the PP fabrics. But the Gracos fit a lot more strollers. That's another reason the PP isn't as recommended.