PDA

View Full Version : Should I make a dinner reservation on arrival day at WDW?

alien_host
01-07-2010, 01:42 PM
We are going in May. We arrive at the Orlando Airport at 5:30PM, I have no idea how long it will take to get to the hotel and check in (taking the ME and staying at Bay Lake Tower) - any guesses?

We will have the dining plan. I'm wondering if I should try to make a reservation or is there a chance we can walk in somewhere?

We won't go to a park arrival day but could eat at the hotel or maybe Downtown Disney.

Any advice? I don't want stress of trying to be somewhere at a specific time since it seems unpredictable. What are our options...all you experts out there! ;)

JTsMom
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't. It would be too late, and too stressful for us- I'd just grab something on the go. Having said that, you could very well find something to walk into, but I wouldn't count on it. Planet Hollywood usually has space though, and we did use up some of our dining credits there one night, since we missed our ADR.

I like being able to check in, unpack, explore the resort, and get to bed early that first night. Plus, I'd hate to try to get DS to sit still long enough for a sit-down meal after traveling all day.

Where are you staying?

egoldber
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Well, we do for our upcoming trip, but we have an 8:30 am flight and the restaurant is walking distance from our resort. We have a 5 PM dinner reservation.

mattiew
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I would not make a reservation. We went a few weeks ago (stayed at Wilderness Lodge) and rented a car so we were in our room pretty quickly. I think our flight arrived around 4. We were all very tired once we arrived, we grabbed a counter service meal at the resort. I'd plan on unpacking, exploring the resort, and maybe swimming. That way you all will be rested and ready for the next day.

Have a great trip!

alien_host
01-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the input. I agree that we should skip the reservation and just grab something. You guys are right DD might not want to cooperate for a sit down meal.

I'm not even sure we can keep her away from the MK on arrival day.....she'll be exploding with exictement.

willow33
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I agree...we are going in May but arrive in Orlando at 10am so we did make a reservation at the Garden Grille at 4:45pm. We plan to go back to the resort after dinner and go to bed to be fresh for the next day :)