PDA

View Full Version : Sooo... my Big Lots! had a Recaro Vivo...

Joolsplus2
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Yes, they had it. Past tense. Now I have it. Present tense :loveeyes:
So far, Leah's my only model, I hope this link goes right to her picture... http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5424061196819567026

arivecchi
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
That looks like one comfy seat! She looks soooooo BIG and pretty!

bubbaray
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Oooh, that's a nice fit! I wish they were legal here. Sigh.

What a cutie pie!

jjordan
01-07-2010, 02:30 PM
She looks very happy to have it! :)

hellokitty
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Oooh, that's a nice fit! I wish they were legal here. Sigh.

What a cutie pie!

They're not legal in Canada? Why not?

Joolsplus2
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
The moment I got the camera out, she had to jump in it and make faces, lol. Then I told her it's really her big sister's seat, but she announced that 'It fits me, it's MY seat!' Well, um, not for awhile, anyway, kiddo ;)

AnnieW625
01-07-2010, 02:41 PM
That looks like it would be a nice fit for my daughter too, but it's too bad it's not a harnessed seat; hoewver I'd almost feel comfortable in a pinch if I had to put a 4 yo in that seat instead of a harnessed one.

So is that car seat #70?!

Joolsplus2
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Hahah, close. 68. And it Cost me 68$. Too bad it's not June 8th, lol.

Oh, and to the other poster, it's not legally available in Canada, they have different testing and seats available up there.

o_mom
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
I really need to get to BL!

Gena
01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
She's really cute. I can't believe she's gotten so big. LOL about her wanting her big sister's seat. She certainly looks happy in it.

Out of curiosity, what happened in photo #68 (carseat tipped over)?

codex57
01-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Wow! I need to stop by that place more often. And Trader Joe's too for that matter since they're across the street from each other.

lorinick
01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
She looks so cute. Wow she is getting big. Great deal Jules.

christiedavid3
01-07-2010, 10:20 PM
She looks so happy in that seat!

I talked my co-worker into ordering one for his 5 yo DS and he loves it...it's his "race car driver" seat!

Joolsplus2
01-08-2010, 09:18 AM
She's really cute. I can't believe she's gotten so big. LOL about her wanting her big sister's seat. She certainly looks happy in it.

Out of curiosity, what happened in photo #68 (carseat tipped over)?

Short story made very long...
She was in a Scenera, a very light weight seat. I had installed it with the seatbelt and switched the retractor to lock the belt, it was a fine install (well, of course it was! :loveeyes:), but coming home from walmart, I hit the brakes pretty hard on a long curve (sort of an exit ramp) and the retractor must have pulled the belt up, and whoopsie doodle, the seat tipped. The retractors in that car are quite powerful, there's the other picture where you can tell the other seat is folded down? It was STUCK because of the retractor in the other seatbelt, we actually had to go to the dealer and have them remove/replace the seatbelt to get the seat back up!
Fortunately she slept right through it, so I didn't even notice her seat tipped till I got home and opened the door.
The answer to preventing such a tragedy (I use the term loosely, but it might have been a shriek fest if she had been awake, lol) is to use the locking clip instead of switching the retractor (I didn't use LATCH because it's just not that easy to do on a Scenera RF, at least that I've ever figured it out, the belt is SO quick!)

PAfirsttimemom
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Your daughter is so adorable! :)

Gena
01-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Short story made very long...
She was in a Scenera, a very light weight seat. I had installed it with the seatbelt and switched the retractor to lock the belt, it was a fine install (well, of course it was! :loveeyes:), but coming home from walmart, I hit the brakes pretty hard on a long curve (sort of an exit ramp) and the retractor must have pulled the belt up, and whoopsie doodle, the seat tipped. The retractors in that car are quite powerful, there's the other picture where you can tell the other seat is folded down? It was STUCK because of the retractor in the other seatbelt, we actually had to go to the dealer and have them remove/replace the seatbelt to get the seat back up!
Fortunately she slept right through it, so I didn't even notice her seat tipped till I got home and opened the door.
The answer to preventing such a tragedy (I use the term loosely, but it might have been a shriek fest if she had been awake, lol) is to use the locking clip instead of switching the retractor (I didn't use LATCH because it's just not that easy to do on a Scenera RF, at least that I've ever figured it out, the belt is SO quick!)

WOW! I never would have guessed that could happen. Thanks for sharing the story.

But it is a geat picture of your DD sleeping though the whole thing!

Joolsplus2
01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Oh, update, but still need pictures... dd1 absolutely LOVES it. She hopped right in and declared it super comfy, way better than her Parkway (which she LOVES because it has denim on the bottom and tie-dye velour on the top (Shameless plug, here's my ds in it about 3 years ago... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/BoosterAlbum/Karsten.aspx ). She said the headwings were more padded, and even that the seat felt warmer (it was 30 and windy, freezing for us, and I guess the PW was cold and she never really noticed). The best part is odd, it's actually got a really shallow seat, so you'd think it wouldn't be comfy enough, but it angles down, and her feet reach the floor, so the lack of depth is actually just fine, she LOVES not having to use her plastic step stool like she did in her PW or Frontier for leg comfort and support.
It's not as easy to buckle as the old armrestless PW, so I wouldn't expect a kid younger than 7 or 8 to be proficient at that without help (maybe younger if your car has really easy to reach buckles...? Or if your kid is just good a buckling...).
I'll update later with some pictures :)