PDA

View Full Version : Which Fancy Nancy books do you recommend?

alien_host
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
DD has a b'day party for a 3 year old coming up. The mom mentioned "girly" books would be great.

Fancy Nancy came to mind....although we only have the Christmas one so I'm wondering which ones people enjoy.

Any other suggestions?

Melaine
01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
We love all of them (well, the hardcovers, we haven't read the "I Can Read" ones). Out of the three "Bonjour, Butterfly" or "The Posh Puppy" are probably the girls favorites although "Fancy Nancy" is the first one and also adorable. There are a couple others like a dictionary and an explorer but for the 3 year old I'd go with one of the originals.

traciann
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
We have all of them, but if you know they don't have any we like the original Fancy Nancy and then Fancy Nancy Posh Puppy.

ohiomom1121
01-07-2010, 08:50 PM
The original and Bonjour Butterfly are the favorites here...for another idea, DD and DS both love Pinkilicious.

boolady
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
DD loves Pinkilicious and Purplicious. Stay away from Goldilicious...DD got it as a gift, and it's not too great. Other than the Fancy Nancy that she got for her Tag reader, we haven't read any of those, and I don't like that one because it involves vomitting. :)

I know they said girly books, but we got DD a beautiful new hardcover book for Christmas called All the World. The illustrations are incredible, and the story is very simple, but beautiful. I love it...can you tell? It was one of the NYT book review's best children's books of 2009.

http://www.amazon.com/All-World-Liz-Garton-Scanlon/dp/1416985808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262917863&sr=8-1

I also love Lily's Purple Plastic Purse, which I realize is about starting school, but DD loves, too, or Lily's Big Day? She's such a lovable character, as is Wemberly, in Wemberly Worried. We love Kevin Henkes.

ETA: I realized I diverged quite a bit from your original question. Just got sidetracked by my love of some other girly and non-girly books. :)

ohiomom1121
01-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I almost forgot, DD loves Angelina Ballerina and Alice the Fairy by David Shannon too.

alien_host
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the recommendations!