PDA

View Full Version : Harness slot height question (FF)

american_mama
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I am getting my Apex 65 set up for my DD2 to inherit. I know that for forward facing, the harness slots need to be at or above her shoulders. At the second to top slots, DD's shoulders are at or slightly below her shoulders, so I opted for the top slots which means there is maximum distance between her shoulders and the slots with the harness. Is that ok? Is it better to put the harness in the slots closest to her shoulders if the fit is borderline? I ask because the manual implied the slots need to be close to the body and at or above the shoulder. To meet the above criterion, I need to go higher, but that then prevents the straps from meeting the second criterion of being close to her shoulders.

DrSally
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I think I've asked this question previously, b/c the slots seemed so high when I moved them. I was told to move them up!

Joolsplus2
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Yup, 'when in doubt, move them up'... they will still hold her 'back' in a crash, but won't exert excessive pressure on her spine by also pushing her 'down'. As an added bonus, it's a lot easier to get in the seat with varying layers of clothing when they are higher.