PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to share their face washing/moisturizing routine?

jjjo1112
01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm in the market for a new face cleaning/moisturizing routine and would love to hear what other people love. Thanks

Reyadawnbringer
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I use the proactiv system at night (I work in a refinery and the air around there is NASTY). It helps really deep clean my face after a long day at work. In the morning, I just rinse my face with warm water and put on the Biore Skin preservation face lotion... the one with SPF 30. It helps keep my face hydrated during the day, but not oily (I have extremely oily skin).

I have been doing this for a little over a month now and have noticed a DRASTIC difference in my skin... hardly anymore breakouts!

DebbieJ
01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Mary Kay stuff--love it!

AnnieW625
01-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I have dry skin that is acne prone (thanks to accutane for the dry skin), and I use Kiehl's Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser. I use the Kiehls on most days and it's a miracle. Since I started using it 5 yrs. ago it's pretty much helped clear up my acne. It says it's for oily skin, but I don't find it drying at all. I moisturize with Avon's Total Radiance SPF, and Avon's Anew Alternative eye cream. Prior to getting pregnant I was also using Obagi's Nu Derm exfoliator for normal to dry skin (it's really safe to use during pregnancy too, but I haven't used it much since getting pregnant).

LarsMal
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I have extremely sensitive skin so the only things I can tolerate are full of "bad" ingredients!

Morning:
Wash with a tiny bit of Cetaphil
Moisturize with CeraVe lotion

Evening:
Wash with Cetaphil
2 minutes of Clarisonic face brush
Moisturize with CeraVe

I :heartbeat: my Clarisonic. Worth every penny!

lizzywednesday
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Mary Kay stuff is awesome.

But I also fell in love with Arbonne's system before my wedding, although I never purchased the kit. (The consultant sent me a sample a week before for me to test it out. I didn't think I would love it, but I did ... though I couldn't justify the price. Sad.)

Currently, I'm using Cetaphil cleanser and Clinique Dramatically Different Gel to moisturize, but am looking for a good scrub because I'm getting some flaking and a couple of breakouts. I was using one from Kohl's for a while, but haven't been back. (Also, I am pregnant, and I am getting totally paranoid about what I'm using ... I had an anti-acne foaming cleanser by Boots that I was using pre-pregnancy, but then I got scared that the willow bark extract would be bad for Baby, so I started using soap, which is waaaaay too drying for my skin in the winter.)

♥ms.pacman♥
01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
i use a Clarisonic skin care system, as my MIL gave it to for xmas. i try to use it every morning. it leaves my skin feeling super-smooth. you have to replace the brushes every 3 months or so but it came with a lot of them in the starter kit, plus with a coupon to get an additional free one.

Corie
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
In the morning, I wash my face in the shower with Dove. I apply Cetaphil facial moisturizer with Parsol 1789 and SPF 15 once I'm out of the shower.

I don't wear any make-up other than lipstick.

I never wash my face at night before bed.

BabyH
01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I have extremely sensitive skin so the only things I can tolerate are full of "bad" ingredients!

Morning:
Wash with a tiny bit of Cetaphil
Moisturize with CeraVe lotion

Evening:
Wash with Cetaphil
2 minutes of Clarisonic face brush
Moisturize with CeraVe

I :heartbeat: my Clarisonic. Worth every penny!

This, almost exactly! I use Cetaphil moisturizer though. And I use the Cetaphil Daily Face wash instead of the Gentle one. The Daily one allows for some foaming with my Clarisonic!

Oh, and a few times a week I use the uber-cheap Queen Helene Mint Julep Face Mask!! It's awesome!

clc053103
01-08-2010, 02:38 PM
DHC! Love the line.

pinkmomagain
01-08-2010, 04:43 PM
AM: Don't wash face. Just use neutrogena acne pad over face (not sure of name...8hr something or other). Follow with Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF.
PM: Wash face with just water (learned that on this board). Rub with towel. Use Revaleskin night cream.

My skin is good...but not fabulous. Sounds like I've got to get me one of those clairsonic thingys.