PDA

View Full Version : help! Need to replace my Zippy

bugglemom
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I have a 2004 Zippy which has gotten a lot of use and I have loved it. The easy fold has been key for me. Now, after 2 kids, it seems to be done. The frame got bent in my car and now I just cant use it. I am probaly only a year or so away from not needing a stroller anymore so I dont want to spend a whole lot of money, but I do still need a stroller in the car now so I have to replace it. I am out of the loop on strollers these days so I am asking you ladies: should I just buy a used Zippy on EBAY to replace this? Or is there a reasonably priced alternative out there now that would be as good or better?

My MUSTS are:
fit in the back of my car
easy fold
not too heavy
napper bar (HAVE to have this or my little guy is constantly trying to squirm out. the napper bar really keeps him in place, especially when he is unhappy about having to go in the stroller)
big enough to fit a decent size kid (he's 2 1/2 now and on the bigger side)

Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

jacksmoma
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
baby jogger city mini with the belly bar accessory- can't be beat! super light and hugeee hood, my 2 year old son fits great :)

bugglemom
01-08-2010, 05:53 PM
wow, that does look nice! what is the difference between the mini and the micro? they seem so similar.

It is pricey though so I am wondering if I got the bjcm, could I get rid of my neighborhood strolling stroller (Kolcraft Contours - which is really a great stroller in its price range even though it isnt one of the pricier more chic strollers) and just have one....does this do well over bumpy sidewalks? Or is it really best for quick trips in and out of the car?

thanks!

jacksmoma
01-08-2010, 06:25 PM
it does pretty well for short walks- it was my only stroller for about a year with my first...i do love my elite double tho now for walking outside. if you'll be putting it in the car much i'd go with the mini, the fold and compactness are so great for the car. go for it!

AnnieW625
01-08-2010, 06:57 PM
If you can get a belly or snack tray for it (I think you can; do a google search) I'd look at a Maclaren. You'll be spoiled by the fold. The Triumph we have has a one position recline, but if you want two positions (I think) look at the quest and if you still want a full recline look at the Techno XT. We :heartbeat: our Maclaren Triumph!