PDA

View Full Version : Shirts for large-chested women

Andi98989
01-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I've always struggled to find button-down shirts that fit me; pre-pregnancy I was wearing a 32G bra and basically a 6/8 on the bottom. I don't have an overall large frame, but clearly I need larger tops. :) My button-down shirts, and even my pullover shirts, have had to be a size L for them to work right. I'm currently exclusively pumping, and am wearing a 34J bra! Ack!!! Most of my old button-down shirts won't even meet in the front, and the few that do, gap. A lot of my pullover shirts are too short in the front now because they're getting pulled up by my bustline. I've been making do at home with some XL long-sleeve pullovers, but it really isn't that great of a look. I'm getting ready to go back to work next week and would love to be able to find some things that will work better and look somewhat professional. Any suggestions on what to do???Thankfully my office is very casual, but I still need to look nice! LOL

TwoBees
01-08-2010, 04:07 PM
What about a tunic? I wore some during pregnancy (not as a tunic really but more as a shirt), and Macys had tons before xmas.

sansdieu
01-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Great thread; I would like to find something that fits too, even though I haven't been nursing in over a year. I ended up with a 34G so all my shirts and t-shirts are either impossible to button or simply too short. I also no longer have a single professional suit jacket that fits. Last summer, I ended up buying a size 14 or 16 (?) tankini top -- which was about twice as wide as I needed it to be, but at least my breasts weren't spilling over.

I am pretty small on top so I cannot buy XL tops or large-size jackets unless I pay someone to alter them. I would love to find a brand, though, where that wouldn't be necessary.

BabyMine
01-08-2010, 08:10 PM
I found these websites but thier prices are high. I have the same problem. I have big breasts and a small waist.

http://carissarose.com/shop/shirts/

https://www.rebeccaanddrew.com/store/shop/catalog.asp

elektra
01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Not sure what kind of budget you have but I did the Nordstrom personal shopper a little while back and it was awesome. I told the lady I needed some work outfits and that my bust was a problem area since I was nursing and that I was disproportionately huge on top. I told her I wanted something that downplayed the bust but was still form fitting enough to not make my stomach look huge when it's not (you know the "hang straight down from the boobs making you look pregnant still" look, right?)
I LOVED everything she picked. I did a quick search and couldn't find any exact links but many of the tops had big ruffles which worked really well on me I thought.
Here is something similar to one of the tops I got.
That and some form fitting Ts or camisoles with belted cardigans over.