PDA

View Full Version : Corie or other RI/ New England folks

mariza
01-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Please recommend your favorite lunch/dinner spot in Providence. Going to see Wicked tomorrow with some girlfriends and looking for a nice place to have a good meal with an adult beverage. Any recommendations?

Corie
01-08-2010, 10:17 PM
We haven't had many date nights while here in Rhode Island. These
are some suggestions from my DH. He gets to eat lunches out with
work a lot.

You can't go wrong with the Italian food on Federal Hill.

Mexican- Don Jose Tequila's on Federal Hill (I really liked this place. But I love
Mexican food!)

Capital Grille- steakhouse, shrimp
Ruth Chris (a chain)- steaks
Flemings- steak

Ri Ra- Irish pub, food not so good, great atmosphere

Union Street Brewery- food okay, neat little restaurant though

Mediterraneo- really good Italian food on Fed. Hill

**You must go to Pastiche for dessert. Delicious. We went there for
my birthday and I got 2 pieces of cake for myself. The lemon cake
was phenomenal.

billysmommy
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Mexican- Don Jose Tequila's on Federal Hill (I really liked this place. But I love
Mexican food!)

We've been here and loved it!!!

lil_acorn
01-08-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm good at eating so can offer the following YUMMY places:

Dinner (only open for dinner not lunch): Gracie's, New Rivers, Al Forno ( all are $$). The first two are my all time faves in PVD.
Dinner or Lunch - louie Fuller, Nick's on Broadway, Parkside

We saw Wicked a few weeks ago at PPAC and it was awesome! Enjoy.\

(p.s. but how come nobody ever has answers to my local questions - i.e. Lake Winnie recommendations)?

billysmommy
01-08-2010, 10:49 PM
(p.s. but how come nobody ever has answers to my local questions - i.e. Lake Winnie recommendations)?

I'd love to help but we've never been up there. I grew up near the Cape and DH grew up in Maine so I could help some there :)

Corie
01-08-2010, 10:53 PM

I've never heard of Lake Winnie!!

I honestly don't know much about the area. DH at least has been to
some nice restaurants for work-related events.

When I need help or have questions, I ask my Mom's Club friends or
Newcomer's Club friends. Most of these women are life-long Rhode Island
residents.

lil_acorn
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
corie - lake winnie is Lake winnepesaukee (sp) in NH.

As for good eats, hubby and I had many a delicious adult meals before the kiddos arrived. And I too love Pastiche. I went weekly when pregnant with my first ds! My favorite is the passion fruit cake and the carrot cake.

lil_acorn
01-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Lori - we love the Cape. that's our usual summer spot, but I thought I'd try to branch out . Plus it is so expensive over the summer. We usually spend time in Mashpee.

billysmommy
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Lori - we love the Cape. that's our usual summer spot, but I thought I'd try to branch out . Plus it is so expensive over the summer. We usually spend time in Mashpee.

I used to take horseback riding lessons in Mashpee, there are some wonderful riding trails there. I grew up in Wareham, just before the bridge and spent 9 summers working at Water Wizz :) . I love it down in Wellfleet and Truro at the Nat'l Seashore. We used to go to the drive-in in Wellfleet, I wonder if it's still there. We've started going to Nantucket with (and without) the boys and it's become our new favorite.
Fall is my favorite time on the Cape, it's just beautiful and still beach weather :)

hollybloom24
01-08-2010, 11:34 PM
My neighbor has a house on Lake Winnepausaukee in Wolfeboro - I can get suggestions from her - PM me if interested!

liz
01-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Parkside restaurant. Good food, reasonable prices, nice atmosphere.
Ooh, and Cassarino's on the Hill. The calamari with balsamic reduction is SO good- and I hate calamari in general. Have fun!

Twoboos
01-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Mediterraneo- really good Italian food on Fed. Hill

Went here many moons ago when one of my friends turned 30. Our goal was to find all the giant Mr. Potatoheads in the downtown area and take our pics with them, then go to dinner. We did, and it was so fun!! (Don't know if the potatoes are still there??)

Dinner was FABULOUS! Mmmm, so good. I am not sure where we went for dessert, but it very well might have been where Corie mentioned.

mariza
01-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! The show was great, we ended up having dinner at Hemenways because we had a gift card. It was just nice to get out with the girls and no kids or DH's for a change :) I'll keep the suggestions for next time though!