PDA

View Full Version : Narrowest infant seats? (3 seat in a Pilot)

browneyedgirl
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone has any real life experience with this. I can find dimensions for most online, but it's just for the base, and i know the carriers can be a little wider.

I'm expecting twins in July. I have a snugride from my older DS that doesn't expire until 2012. My first thought was to just get another snugride for the second baby, but I'm wondering if there is anything slimmer out there? DS is 3, and in a Decathlon. We have a Honda Pilot, and I'd like to fit all 3 in the second row if possible. (I'm going to have to put the Decathlon outboard driver's side i think. A RF infant seat doesn't give the driver much leg room.)

I'm not opposed to selling the Decathlon and getting a radian for DS if I have to, but I'm wondering if I can get narrower infant seats.

I may have to do 3 radians when the twins are in convertibles.....

KrisM
01-09-2010, 12:10 PM
No experience with that set up.

But, I found that the best way to see if 3 in a row fits is to try it. Do you have a Babies R Us? They'll let you take seats out to your car to try them (leave a driver's license). I have 3 in a row in my car and I really just had to try it out.

westgre
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
I have three across in a CR-V. I researched width measurements online and tried to stick with 17" width. You could probably go wider with a Pilot. There aren't any stores around here that carry a lot of seats, so I ordered my seat from Elite Carseats with return insurance in case it didn't work. When I had an infant seat, I had a KeyFit30 with a Parkway and a Platinum CarGo. Now I have a Parkway, CarGo, and Radian.

o_mom
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
KeyFit and BabyTrend have the narrowest seats I have found.

browneyedgirl
01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Thank you! I guess we will have to try them out!

I'm encouraged that you have 3 in a CR-V!

Roni
02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Browneyed Girl, would you mind letting us know how you made out? I also have a Honda Pilot. I have one dd in a Parkway and one in a Turbobooster, with baby #3 on the way at the end of August. I think my older dd will still have to be in the booster when the baby is born, so I'm curious if I'll be able to fit 3 across. Thanks, and good luck.

christiedavid3
02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
What about the Combi Shuttle 33? According the website, the width is 16.75"

GraceH
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Browneyed Girl, would you mind letting us know how you made out? I also have a Honda Pilot. I have one dd in a Parkway and one in a Turbobooster, with baby #3 on the way at the end of August. I think my older dd will still have to be in the booster when the baby is born, so I'm curious if I'll be able to fit 3 across. Thanks, and good luck.

Roni - it is my understanding that the Turbo are the least friendly boosters to puzzling three across, so you may have to consider a different booster if things are still super tight.

Roni
02-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks, Grace. That's probably the easiest fix.