PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a digital photo frame?

liz
01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Do you like it? I recieved one for xmas and am not sure how much I will use it/turn it on etc. I love doing photo books (like shutterfly) and take a ton of pix of the kids, but in all honesty, I can't say I do much with the pix until I get started on a photobook. Should I keep it or return it?

catpagmo
01-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Yes. We received it as a gift from my dad....2 or 3 years ago, and it's still in the box. :bag

I keep thinking one of these days I'll get it set up....

If you don't think you'll use it, then I'd take it back, honestly.

o_mom
01-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Set mine up this week. I am putting all the kids' artwork on it. I might get another one for DH to take to work and/or for photos here. My parents' love theirs. If you don't think you would want it, maybe load it up with pictures and give it to GPs or DH (unless they gave it to you). If you are already sorting out pictures for Shutterfly, it isn't a big deal to dump them on a USB drive and load up the frame.

wellyes
01-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't have one, but if I did, I think I'd take it to work for a slideshow of kid/family photos. I wouldn't really want it in my house, nothign against it it just seems like an officey thing to me.

srhs
01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
DH took ours out of the box and put it on the Expedit....this summer. It may even be plugged in. That is as far as its gotten.
I do reeeaaallly like them in theory; I just haven't taken the time to put photos on it. I have given 2 as grandparents gifts PRELOADED with photos. That's the way to go.

Cheburashka
01-10-2010, 07:00 AM
My SO got one this Christmas from my parents. When my mom came to visit, she loaded photos on to it and now it sits in his cube at work. If either one if us had to put pictures on it, I'm sure it'd still be in the box.

Andi98989
01-10-2010, 07:38 AM
DH made one this fall out of an old laptop (yes, I'm married to a super-geek!). He's got it linked up to a Flickr account that we keep updated with pictures. Very handy to have it automatically update like that. This frame we keep in our living room.

I got one as a gift that I plan on taking to work with me. I don't have desk space for a lot of pictures, so this will be nice.

viba424
01-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Call me old fashioned, I dont find them particularly appealing.

infomama
01-10-2010, 10:44 AM
We have one and enjoy it. I'm happy to get my pictures 'out of' my computer once and while I love my photo books they are pretty time consuming. I add pictures to the frame (easy...just drag to the digital frame folder when it's hooked up to the computer) and enjoy our pictures while I am away from the computer.

Globetrotter
01-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I love them! someone gave me one in April, but due to my anal issues, I haven't set it up. I keep wanting to update the pictures to make it perfect :loveeyes: but I'm ready now as I just gave a loaded frame to SIL. Now I realize how easy it is to do updates.

I also set up one for my parents. Honestly, I knew neither of them would ever do it without my help!!

vludmilla
01-10-2010, 04:41 PM
We have one and LOVE it. DH puts pictures from the day or a recent event/trip and puts them on the frame. We all love to see the pictures.

jgenie
01-10-2010, 04:46 PM
I bought one for DH for his bday in Nov. last year. I didn't give it to him since I never put pictures on it. It's still sitting in the closet waiting to be used. :bag