PDA

View Full Version : Told the kids

hillview
01-09-2010, 07:38 PM
So we told the boys tonight. We did a scavenger hunt with hints to the next hint. At the end of it there was a bucket of toy story soliders, a sweatshirt and a small stuffed animal for each DS (total cost $25 thanks to Amazon and amazing Disney Store sale last weekend).

They boys were excited but MOST excited about the stuffed animal and the bucket of toy soldiers :banghead:

But words out and now I can start talking to DSs about all the rides!!
/hillary

willow33
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Sounds like my kids :) I think my boys just don't know what to expect so it's hard to be super excited. My oldest ds actually asked me if Disneyworld was outside or inside :)

WatchingThemGrow
01-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Yay!!! That must have been a fun way to do it! I think someone else had the same kind of reaction lately. What's funny though, is that after you go, if you end up going again, they'll be 100x more excited about it because they know what to expect.

We went in Oct., but just to spend the night at POR and sightsee, not any actual parks. All my DD thinks it is is a place with some swimming pools, buses, boats, monorail, where little girls wear princess dresses and buns. She keeps putting on her SW costume (never seen the whole movie- says it is too scary) saying, "I'm going to wear this to Bisney when we go again." No clue, whatsoever."

Is your DH excited?

hillview
01-09-2010, 08:17 PM
DH is excited for DH. He remembers we are going and says it will be fun. We go in 2 weeks and he spends a week in SF and a week in London before we go so that is what he is focused on. I am SO excited!! CANNOT wait. Partly to go and partly to not be here doing my job right now.

:)

Thanks for sharing my excitement!!

billysmommy
01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
They're going to have so much fun!!!

Have a wonderful trip :)