View Full Version : s/o Suggest long sleeve v-neck t-shirts please

hillview
01-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I need some ls v-neck t-shirts.
TIA!
/hillary

LMPC
01-09-2010, 08:58 PM
If you are just looking for basics, I like Target. If you want something a little more up market...I love Banana Republic for t shirts!

Elilly
01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm a GAP girl for Ts.

Twoboos
01-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Cherokee ones at Target are pretty thick and last forever. The ones I have a few years old now (so maybe newer ones are different) and are not slim cut, I usually wear them under a fleece or hoodie.

daniele_ut
01-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I've been buying long sleeve v-neck shirts at Kohl's for the last few winters and they are great. They are Apt 9 brand, and have a bit of stretch to them. The ones I got this year have a bit of shirring at the v-neck but they are really flattering.

Corie
01-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I really like my new Land's End long sleeve shirts. They have 3 different fits
now too. I wear them every single day.

athompson
01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I bought these a few weeks ago per the recommendation from watchingthemgrow in another thread:
http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=25789&pid=691122&scid=691122012&vid=-1
They are awesome. Buy at least two in each color if you can. They fit just right and feel so comfy on.
Thanks watchingthemgrow by the way:)

Ooops, just saw that you want v neck. Sorry!

Sillygirl
01-09-2010, 10:13 PM
I live in my long-sleeve tees from Eddie Bauer, both V neck and crew neck. I got them at the outlet.

sarahsthreads
01-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I live in my long-sleeve tees from Eddie Bauer, both V neck and crew neck. I got them at the outlet.

Yeah, these are my favorites. I'm short, though, so I use the 3/4 length sleeve shirts as l/s. ;) They wash really, really well and, unlike most of the other shirts I've bought over the years, don't shrink lengthwise *at all*.

Love them.

Sarah :)

slworld
01-10-2010, 01:17 AM

:yeahthat:

connor_mommy
01-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah, these are my favorites. I'm short, though, so I use the 3/4 length sleeve shirts as l/s. ;) They wash really, really well and, unlike most of the other shirts I've bought over the years, don't shrink lengthwise *at all*.

Love them.

Sarah :)

I usually buy the Caslon brand from Nordstroms. But this winter Eddie Bauer had a great deal and I picked up a few of their favorite tees. I like the material better. It's a little thicker, but softer. I've washed them a few times and they didn't shrink. I haven't shopped at EB for over 15 years. But I'm definitely going to check their tees first now before going elsewhere.

stefani
01-10-2010, 02:03 AM
now too. I wear them every single day.

:yeahthat: Not every single day, but I love them. I have the fit 1 in petite.

I usually have problems with v-neck being too low, and these are not.

ETA: Sears has Land's End, but not in petite, so if you have Sears around you can try them in the store.

kozachka
01-10-2010, 02:15 AM
How much money are you willing to spend per shirt? What kind of fit are you looking for? How thick do you like your t-shirts?

I like fitted t-shirts that are not too thick but are not see through either. I've had good luck with J Crew but find them pricey. Mine came from an outlet on sale and lasted forever, so were worth every penny, but I would not have paid full retail. I also like my GAP favorite long-sleeve t (http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=17083&vid=1&pid=719978&scid=719978052) in strawberry ice (light pink) and am guessing that v-necks would be made of a similarly nice jersey. GAP has a lot of interesting t-shirts right now, and a 20% off code GAPNEW20 that applies to regular priced merchandise and is valid through 1/10/10. I don't like shirred v-neck from Old Navy as much as my other t-shirts, it just does not fit as nice, but I got it on clearance for less than $3 so it was worth it.

crl
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I had some from Target--I think Mossimo (sp?) develop holes in less than a year.

I have been happy with my Lands End one too. I also have one from LLBean that is long enough and fitted, but not too clingy for my tastes. Both have high enough v's that I don't feel like I'm flashing everyone or need to wear a layer underneath. The Lands End one seems to be holding it's color better (though the comparison isn't fair as the LE one is green and the LLB one is black). I don't currently have any, but historically I've had really good luck with Old Navy t-shirt's holding up amazingly well for the price.

Catherine

lchang25000
01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I like the ones I have from Old Navy.