PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy to bring two strollers?...

BayAreaMom
01-10-2010, 12:51 AM
So I'll start by confessing I have 6 stollers: BOB SUS & Revo, Maclaren Triumph, Joovy UL Caboose, P3 & Combi Cosmo. I just bought the Cosmo last week for $20 specifically to use for a flight I'm taking next week solo with my 8 mo old & 3.75 yo. I usually fly with the Triumph but didn't want to take it this time for the following reasons:
it's hard to open/close one handed- in part because of some very minor damage when an overly helpful airline staff tried to open it for me after gate checking it once
it tips when I hang bags off it (and I can't put stoller clips on it)
it doesn't fit the baby well (she's never even ridden in it, usually I use it only for my toddler)
it doesn't recline/not well padded for baby if she naps.

The Combi seems perfect to take on this trip because it solves some of these issues and was only $20 so I won't be bummed if it is damaged. I prefer my P3 but I am definitly not risking any gate checkIng damage. BUT I am not impressed at all with the steering of the Combi esp with a 38 lb toddler. SO my latest great idea is to check my Maclaren as luggage (packed in a duffelbag) and use it at my destination. Perhaps one of the best reasons is because I am taking the toddler to Disneyland one day and leaving the baby with my sis, who told me she'd prefer to have a stroller with her for the day. So I figured I'd leave her the combi and take the maclaren to Disney. I've taken it to Disney before and loved it- so easy to steer and so easy for my toddler to get in/out.

Am I crazy, or is this a good idea? I don't want to find myself hating the combi at DL!

lareigna
01-10-2010, 12:30 PM
If your crazy, then I am just as insane as you are. I totally feel your pain. Have you thought about boxing up the Mac and shipping it to your sister's house? It shouldn't be too much. We did that with our PNP on our last airplane trip, and it was so much better than lugging it around.

jacksmoma
01-10-2010, 12:57 PM
sounds like a great idea, and no, you're not crazy!

BayAreaMom
01-10-2010, 04:09 PM
If your crazy, then I am just as insane as you are. I totally feel your pain. Have you thought about boxing up the Mac and shipping it to your sister's house? It shouldn't be too much.
Well I'm Sure I can get the duffel bag with the mac into the check in counter to check it since I'm only checking one other bag and it rolls. I can probably rest the mac on top of it. Then when I arrive I usually bring all the gate checked items/ carry ons to my sister at the curb and then run back inside to get the checked luggage. I actually sent a bunch of items Including a $5 used PNP and my travel infant seat back with her after Christmas so thankfully I don't have to bring too much (and my other sister is taking them to san Diego so they'll already be there for my next trip). Also I'm flying southwest so checking baggage is still free. I don't think I'd be willing to pay extra to bring the mac- I want it but not that bad!