PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those that wear yoga pants

jgenie
01-10-2010, 04:44 AM
I see lots of posts about yoga pants and have thought about getting them in the past and again after our new baby arrives. I haven't bought any yet because I see a lot of women wearing them that have visible panty lines or very obvious cottage cheese butts and thighs. Is that just to be expected with yoga pants? I would love to buy some because they sound so comfy but wouldn't wear them if I couldn't eliminate the panty lines or the cottage cheese look. TIA

g-mama
01-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Yuck - not a good look. I wear ones that are thick enough to camouflage my cottage cheese (for me, Lands End) and a thong.

lizzywednesday
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
You can wear different panties ... Soma Intimates make ones called "invisible line" or something and they have silicone bands on the insides of the leg & top openings to help them stay smooth.

I just plain don't care, but nobody said anything about pantylines when I wore my Champion C-9 from Target pants that I wore to my SIL-to-be's bachelorette party this past Saturday. They're boot-cut, come in multiple lengths, the fabric is pretty thick and kind of silky (and also moisture-wicking) with a draw-string/fold-over waist. [Trust me; if I'd had lines, my sister would've told me so.]

Then again, I am still pregnant, so maybe I can get away with looking like cr@p.

I also have fold-top C9's that I wore the entire summer because they are fold-top. The fabric is more cottony than silky and the fit is loose through the hip & thigh. Again, they are moisture-wicking and I got them at Target.

luza
01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
The New York Times had a story on what underwear to wear with yoga pants a couple of months ago (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980CE6D91131F936A35752C1A96F9C8B 63&scp=1&sq=panty+line&st=nyt). Their top recommendations were Ongossamer Cabana and Commando Cotton, for whatever that is worth.

LexyLou
01-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Just like with an type of legging, you should really wear a thong. As far as cottage cheese...I would think those woman are wearing a too small size if you can see that amount of detail.

I like the yoga pants at Old Navy and Victoria's Secret because they are a little bit thicker cotton and not so skin tight.

TwoBees
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I just wear them around the house only, or wear panties that don't show.

bubbaray
01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
That is what is to love about Lululemon pants. No cheese!

I wear regular undies if I am wearing a longer t-shirt or hoodie, thongs otherwise.

jgenie
01-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks for all the replies - hopefully I can make it to the mall one day this week to try to pick up a pair or two for after baby comes. :)

Twoboos
01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
OK, but if you are wearing the yoga pants to the gym - do you wear a thong? Because I simply CANNOT! So sue me and my VPL, at least I am at the gym!!

I actually asked a couple of friends who work in a gym and/or attend regularly what they thought the protocol was on this. They said they'd rather see VPL than some other mess. :ROTFLMAO:

bubbaray
01-11-2010, 11:45 PM
When I am wearing them for working out, I wear cotton undies b/c I HATE sweating in a thong.

I thought we were talking about when wearing them "out and about".

jgenie
01-12-2010, 12:33 AM
I generally wear track pants at the gym or running shorts if I'm out running and don't worry about VPL. I hate to have VPL when "out and about".