PDA

View Full Version : Choices for infant seats

momtoonegirl
01-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Our PP primo viaggio has a dom of 7/05, which I am assuming means an expiration date of 7/10, correct?
Baby #2 is due 7/10, which means that I cannot use this seat again for any significant length of time, and that I will have to think about purchasing another car seat (Not that I am upset about being able to buy one :wink2: ).
I am leaning toward the Chicco keyfit, based on the reviews here with ease of installation, and fit for smaller babies (DD was 6 1b when she left the hospital).

My questions are:
1) Do you all think that is the best option for me? Right now the backseat just has my DD's marathon FF in the middle. I have a Lexus RX350.

2) Are there any other options that I should consider?

rizzo0904
01-10-2010, 01:08 PM
We have the Chicco and love it. It's so easy to use. And it has great reviews. It fit fine in our small civic. Now we have a Subaru Forrester so it will obviously fit in that as well.

If I had to do it again, I would buy a Chicco.

GraceH
01-10-2010, 07:04 PM
KeyFits have an awesome LATCH install, but I actually prefer the seat belt install on the bigger Graco seats (built-in locking clip & height adjust knob)
- so I would also look at the SnugRide35 (they have some really plush fabrics), especially since you may find the average 16-18 month outgrowth handy if running errands or school pickup with an older child (I was able to use my bigger Graco for 2 years, a lifesaver through 2 Chicago winters) -- also, it is more difficult to find double strollers that take KeyFits (if your DD1 still rides occasionally or if you may have another)

KrisM
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Both the Chicco Keyfit and Graco SafeSeat are good choices. I used the Keyfit for 17 months and just borrowed a SafeSeat to get me through winter.

The Keyfit is easier to install, IMO, both with LATCH and the belt. The harness is smoother on the SafeSeat, by just a bit.

The SafeSeat does last longer. DS2 had reached the height limit on the Keyfit and has another 1" or so on the SafeSeat.

momtoonegirl
01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks for your suggestions :)

I will definitely check out the Snugride 35 also before I buy. I think the Chicco and the Snugride 35 have been good products overall. Luckily I have some time before I have to purchase. Maybe they will have new fabric/patterns available closer to when I am due.

LoveBeingMrs
01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
I was debating between the Graco Snugride 35, Chicco Keyfit 30, and Britax Chaperone.. and I chose the Snugride 35. Good installation, and compatible with most, if not all, travel systems/strollers. The new fabrics for 2010 are nice and plush- I went with the Flint pattern.