PDA

View Full Version : Bring princess dress to DL?

BayAreaMom
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
My 3.75 yo has mentioned several times wearing her cinderella dress to DL. It's nothing fancy-$14.99 at Target - but I really don't want to carry it all around DL when she doesn't wear it. Though I could just stuff it in a bag in the stroller basket with the bottled waters I'm bringing.
Anyone else face this same dilemma?

hillview
01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd bring it -- lots lots lots of girls in princess attire -- she is likely to get the bug to wear it IMO.
/hillary

bubbaray
01-10-2010, 07:38 PM
My kids wore their Princess dresses not only the day that DD#1 went to BibbityBobbity Boutique (which I HIGHLY recommend) and then had lunch with Ariel, but the next day as well.

I would definitley take it.

LexyLou
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes, I would do it. Lots of little girls where their princess dresses. It's cute.

infomama
01-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Take it! Dd1 wore her Cinderella dress on the day she dined with Cinderella and went to the BBB and another day she sported her Ariel outfit http://www.mydressuptrunk.com/ProductInfo.aspx?id=241523. She was in heaven.

egoldber
01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Definitely take it.

Though I could just stuff it in a bag in the stroller basket with the bottled waters I'm bringing.

I found that worked well was folding it up small and putting in a ziplock bag and pushing all the air out. Sort of like a mini space bag. ;)

WatchingThemGrow
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
My DD saw all the other girls wearing them and constantly announces she's wearing hers to "Bisney" next time she goes. I will not bring the shoes or wand or tiara, most likely.

infomama
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I will not bring the shoes or wand or tiara, most likely.
We didn't bring those either. Dd just wore some comfy (albeit jeweled ;)) flats she had and those worked well for both times she dressed up.

Momof3Labs
01-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Oh, yeah, gotta bring it. DS1 wore his Peter Pan costume several days on our trip when he was 5yo. He had sooo much fun dressing up in the parks!

bubbaray
01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
TAKE THE SHOES, THE TIARA AND THE WAND.

Yes, I'm yelling.

Trust me on this. All are super cheap at Walmart, Target etc. They are EXPENSIVE at Disney and your DD will notice. Trust me.

FWIW, if you are booking a makeover at Bibbity Bobbity, you can skip bringing the tiara as the tiara is part of the packages (or at least the mid-range package we booked).

We took Princess sparkly shoes from Payless and then running shoes in the stroller basket for later if their feet got sore.

BayAreaMom
01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Thanks ladies. Gotta add dress and wand to the list. She doesn't care much for the tiara and the shoes, well they are really hard for her to wear. I'll pray she doesn't notice.

urquie
01-12-2010, 03:06 AM
dd wore her $1, garage sale, princess dress every single day at disneyland... i definitely over packed! :ROTFLMAO:

many of the cast members addressed her as princess aurora, or commented on her being a princess. she loved it!

egoldber
01-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I never bring the shoes, wand or tiara. I won't let them wear the shoes in the parks. I might bring a wand or tiara if they really wanted. Maybe.

bubbaray
01-12-2010, 11:01 AM
many of the cast members addressed her as princess aurora, or commented on her being a princess. she loved it!

YES! (and Urquie and I were there at the same time last year!). Both girls were addressed by virtually every cast member they encountered as the princesses they were dressed as (Aurora and Ariel).

sarahsthreads
01-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Oh, no. We're supposed to pack princess dresses for WDW? Will my 5 year old DD notice if I don't?!? She only has a Belle dress, but is currently OBSESSED with Tinkerbell. Does that mean I'm going to have to go find her a reasonably priced Tinkerbell costume in the next couple of weeks...? And then what about the baby?

And what about the cooler weather? Just put it over a l/s shirt and leggings?

*runs off to amend the packing list*
Sarah :)

bubbaray
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, t-shirt or leggings underneath. My 5yo would definitely notice and, trust me, Disney has LOTS of costumes for purchase around the parks for the kids to see, so its not like you could say "they don't sell them here". I"d try to find one at home and save your money.