PDA

View Full Version : Radio City Christmas Spectacular ~ what age?

billysmommy
01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
DH and I are thinking about taking the boys into NYC for a weekend next Dec to see the Christmas Spectacular, the tree at Rockefeller Center and all the decorations. It's something we've both wanted to do but haven't done yet. Ds1 would be 7.5 and ds2 would be 4.5. For those of you who have done this, would ds2 be old enough to really enjoy it or would it be better for us to wait another year until he's 5.5?

drewsmom4405
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
We took our ds1 last year (3.5) and this year (4.5) and he seemed more excited and to get more about it this year. I would definitely think your younger son will be old enough. BTW - we got the half price tickets, and went on New Years Day to the 2:00 show. In the a.m. there was no one on the train, the sites were manageable and we walked right into TGIFs for lunch at 12:00. By the time we finished lunch and the show, things were much crazier all around. So, not that we planned it all out that way, but the timing worked out well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kathleen

pinkmomagain
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
We took the girls last year to go see it and my youngest was 3yo. She loved it and wanted to see it again this year, but we only go every few years. I think your kids are old enough to really enjoy it.