PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean back packs?

Kyras mom
01-11-2010, 01:19 AM
DD has a pink back pack that is beginning to look stained. What is the best way to clean a back pack? Probably should have chosen a darker color.

crl
01-11-2010, 03:18 AM
I've done it on weekends when there was plenty of time for it to dry. I used a scrub brush, dish soap and water in the kitchen sink on DS' red backpack. It didn't look like new, but was definitely a lot cleaner and much improved! It did take a couple of days to dry completely if I recall correctly.

Catherine

kali
01-11-2010, 04:07 AM
I have always thrown baby/kid items like backpacks, jackets, carseat covers, stuffed animals in the washing machine, and never had a problem.

Just pre-treat stains, use the cold/gentle wash cycle, set the spin cycle to high to get out as much water as possible, then hang to dry. Everything comes out much cleaner and none the worse for wear. Stuffed or padded items like stuffed animals or jackets go in the dryer on low with some tennis balls or dryer balls. (If you air-dry, they usually end up with damp clumps inside--ew). Backpacks usually have a foam insert for the padding, so they can just be hung up to dry.

mumofboys
01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I have always thrown baby/kid items like backpacks, jackets, carseat covers, stuffed animals in the washing machine, and never had a problem.

Just pre-treat stains, use the cold/gentle wash cycle, set the spin cycle to high to get out as much water as possible, then hang to dry. Everything comes out much cleaner and none the worse for wear.

:yeahthat: