PDA

View Full Version : party favors

Sweetum
01-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Is ghirardeli hot cocoa mix packet a good birthday party favor for kids?

TIA
SunshineAndMe

Melaine
01-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I think it depends on the age of the kids. Mine are too young to drink hot cocoa so I would be a little perplexed for them to get it. For older kids it might be ok, although a little unusual.

calv
01-11-2010, 08:39 AM
wrong thread

neeter
01-11-2010, 08:53 AM
i agree -- parents would love it; kids might be perplexed (no instant gratification). kids with dairy allergies might be sad...

Seitvonzu
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM
i give hot chocolate to my just recently 2 year old...so i think it would be ok, but it does seem to be something better for older kids. if it went with a "theme" i think it would be better understood no matter what the attendees ages. have fun!

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Right, if it were a sled riding party or a ice skating party I'd get it. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would get the choice. I'm sure it'd be fine though. Sometimes my ds1 chose favors that I wouldn't have picked and hoped people would understand that he picked them out. :)

Beth

DietCokeLover
01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I agree with other pps. It's a little unusual, unless there is a theme that we are unaware of. And the age of the children would make a difference IMO. For my DC, it would not work well as they have never had hot chocolate.

cchavez
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I actually love the idea....My kids love ghiradelli hot chocolate.....where did you find the individual packets???

hillview
01-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I'd be happy as would both boys. They like hot chocolate -- it is a rare treat!
/hillary

DrSally
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Just make sure no-one has either a dairy or peanut allergy (that brand is no longer safe for PA).

Sweetum
01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Thank you, parents, for chiming in. This was my line of thinking:
I want to do something different -> kids like chocolate stuff, and that's something they do get as favors (from what I've seen) -> there are kids who are not allowed to eat candy/chocolate (under age 2, allergies), and kids that are -> for the kids who don't eat, well it doesn't matter, and the kids who do eat, it's possible the parents wouldn't mind them having one drink of cocoa -> I'll put in a couple of pieces of candy for instant gratification for the kids, and this would be something they'll look forward to after going home.

First time mom here, planning for DS' first birthday. Please guide me, if my thinking is not right. Also, while I'm trying to generelaize the favors as much as possible, I'm including something for almost every age category that'll be present - balloons, stickers etc.

I'm glad to be among so many experienced parents - thanks a lot!!!

SunshineAndMe

DrSally
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
there are kids who are not allowed to eat candy/chocolate (under age 2, allergies), and kids that are -> for the kids who don't eat, well it doesn't matter,

Are you planning on having a substitute for kids who can eat candy, but not chocolate? Yummy Earth lolipops are a peanut/milk/egg free candy.

MamaMolly
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
...snip... planning for DS' first birthday. Please guide me, if my thinking is not right. Also, while I'm trying to generelaize the favors as much as possible, I'm including something for almost every age category that'll be present - balloons, stickers etc....snip

Can you tell us more about who will be attending? For DD's first birthday it was mostly adults, and I didn't do a favor for them but I think a lovely premium hot cocoa would be a neat idea. There were only 4 children at DD's party, so I did a little favor for them (it turns out it was much better for older kids, I made Peek-a-Boo bags. Not great for the under 2 or 3 set). I think if we know the ages of guests that you are thinking of getting favors for it would help us narrow down opinions and ideas to share.