PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Ebates (or similar)

hbridge
01-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I keep hearing about Ebates and am intrigued. We do a LOT of our shopping online and, quite frankly, if we can recoup some money, that would be great.

What site do you use? How does it work? Do you find it worth it? Do you get more spam, ect?

Any advice or experience would be so much appreciated. I'm apprehensive to sign up, but I'm not sure why :).

Thanks so much.

klwa
01-11-2010, 08:03 AM
I use Ebates, as well as UPromise, depending on who has the better percent back. (UPromise is only good if you have, or are going to have, a 529 set up for your child.) I've been a member of Ebates since 2003 and have gotten back about $200. No where near the amoutn some people get back, but not bad.... Other than a random email every so often from Ebates telling which stores are running current promotions, I don't think there's been an increase in the amount of spam I get.

LD92599
01-11-2010, 08:32 AM
It's definitely legit, though the last few months w/ ebates stores are slower to do their paybacks. I've gotten several thousand back w/ ebates and another $1K w/ bing.com so definitely check out bing too!

I don't notice any more spam with either one at all, i just shop at whichever is going to give me the higher % back.

mommylamb
01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
How do you end up getting so much back? I just started ebates (and I've done Upromise for a while), but I guess I don't shop enough on line to get back a lot-- though I won't turn my nose up at those checks. Do you do grocery shopping online?