PDA

View Full Version : obligated to do birthday favors?

calv
01-11-2010, 08:41 AM
obviously I know I'm not. I always enjoy giving/making them for the kids. This time aound we're having a paint/plaster party for DD. Do I still need to do a favor? I'm torn because they'll be taking their 'creations' home.

neeter
01-11-2010, 08:51 AM
i think their creation is definitely the favor!! you're off the hook!

Seitvonzu
01-11-2010, 10:09 AM
if you want to do it, you can, but it seems extraneous to me :) have a great party!

SnuggleBuggles
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I would probably still get a balloon for them. Not sure why but I would feel like having something else fun to take home with them. I don't know what the place is like hat you are going but ones like that here are ceramics and the kids can't take them home till they are fired, so a week later, meaning they'd leave the actual party empty handed.

Beth

jenmcadams
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Do they take their creations home that day or do you have to wait for them to be "fired?"

My DD had her 7th birthday at a paint your own pottery place and it was going to be a week or two before their pieces were done, so I put a $0.50 set of water colors and some stickers fruit snacks in a cute pink bag, tied it with ribbon and attached some printed tags (same design theme as the invitations) that said thanks for coming and told them their pottery would be done in a week.

JustMe
01-11-2010, 11:45 AM
If they are taking their creations home, I would think that would be fine...but I also had dd's party at a pottery place as described above, did not give them party favors b/c I felt they would get their pottery piece a few days later. This year, dd is still deciding where her party will be. She is leading towards an indoor playground that is more on the expensive side than some other choices...I am not thrilled about this, but I told her that if she chooses this, then we will not do goody bags or anything along that line.

calv
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
thanks so much to everyone for their feedback, I really appreciate it. The kids take their art work right away. it's plaster and not pottery so that's a plus that I had to have. Instant gratification ;)

also yes, they'll all get a balloon each, provided by the place and we'll be doing pinata as well :)

wendmatt
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
If they get a balloon and a pinata and the craft, that is great.