PDA

View Full Version : S/O: What do you WISH your DC would eat?

Mamma2004
01-11-2010, 01:48 PM
DS is a great eater but my life and menu planning would be so much easier (and more fun) if he would eat:

Seafood not from a can
Eggs in ANY form
Pancackes, French toast, other brunch foods
Oranges, grapefruit, kiwi, pineapple, etc.
Broccoli Rabe, fennel, eggplant... (he loves broccoli, spinach and salad so I am lucky; I just have to make another veggie for him if we are having one of the above)
White potatoes (again, loving sweet potatoes is great; if we are having mashed/smashed/oven-roasted/baked potatoes I always need to make something else for DS)

I used to make such fun and exciting meals. I realize I created my own problem by catering to DS but when he eats such great, healthy options, it makes sense to me.

Now I just wish I could plan a Mexican, Asian or other non-Italian meal and have him eat it!

AbbysMom
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Pizza! Then I wouldn't need to bring her food to EVERY party that we go to!

Mamma2004
01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Pizza! Then I wouldn't need to bring her food to EVERY party that we go to!

I feel your pain. DS actually loves pizza...when it is homemade or from the ONE phenomenal, Italian, brick-oven pizzeria about 35 minutes away.

I tend to feed him before a party so that he doesn't make a scene when the pizza is gross and soggy with rubbery cheese :wink2:

Does she dislike the ingredients, or just the pizza as a package? Any chance of developing a "taste" for it? I had to start with a slice of whole wheat sandwich bread, some of my marinara and just a touch of fresh mozzarella. HTH!

AnnieW625
01-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Chinese food. I've been craving Chinese food this pregnancy and both times we've taken DD out with us she hasn't eaten any of it all. Right now I just wish she'd concentrate on eating her dinner and not walking away from the dinner table if it's not one of her favorite comfort foods.

mom_hanna
01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Um, let's see. DD will eat just about anything (or at least try it). What do I WISH ds would eat? Rice, pasta, pizza, eggs, any veggie, more fruit than apples and canteloupe, any kind of meat, chicken, fish, french toast, bread (of any kind, shape or form), potatoes, cheese, cottage cheese, any kind of dipping sauce (ketchup, ranch, etc) I could keep going but you get the idea.

jayali
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
VEGETABLES of any kind.

hillview
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
DS1 Eggs, white milk
DS2 Vegetables other than Peas and Carrots (eg Broccoli!!)
/hillary

Babymakes3
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
We have allergies to contend with so I wish DS could eat things like cheese, pizza, eggs, baked goodies...pretty much anything containing milk and eggs.

AbbysMom
01-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Does she dislike the ingredients, or just the pizza as a package? Any chance of developing a "taste" for it? I had to start with a slice of whole wheat sandwich bread, some of my marinara and just a touch of fresh mozzarella. HTH!

She LOVES cheese, bread and tomato sauce. We tried making homemade pizza Friday. She made the pizzas with me and I had high hopes and then my husband gave her tons of pasta so she never even tried the pizza. Experiment continues this Friday...

wolverine2
01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
I wish both my kids would just eat like normal people! There are so many things they don't eat that most anything would be an improvement and make life much easier. If they would eat chicken, it would be a huge improvement. And tomato sauce. And just one kind of vegetable.

I was that kid who brought my PBJ sandwich to birthday parties- didn't like pizza til I was like 12!

boolady
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Broccoli Rabe, fennel, eggplant...

I will add to that list spinach, zucchini, and raw tomato. Lately, she hardly eats any meat at all, and has become very picky about "combination" foods-- things in sauces, stews, etc. She used to love stew-type dishes. I keep telling myself that it's a phase that has to pass...

maestramommy
01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Veggies:loveeyes:

mommylamb
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
My DS is only picky some of the time. Mostly, I wish he'd eat as well at home as he does at daycare. I'm told that he eats things like tomatoes, eggs, etc at daycare... but I've never seen it happen in person.

srhs
01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Vegetables here too
And really any warm lunch/dinner type foods besides occassional pasta

MichelleRC
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Any kind of fruit, vegetable, pasta, sandwich, peanut butter....
Yep, I have one of those kids. Lives on Cheerios, Chik Fil A and air.

alirebco
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
sunbutter, almond butter, any other nut butter for an easy protein and fat snack
portabella mushrooms - when we have these for dinner (he'll eat every other veggie)
spicier food - he'll eat a tiny bit spicy but we like to make a lot of indian food and it's normally too spicy for him.

DrSally
01-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I wish DS would eat more veggies. Also, more "adult" food. B/c of his allergies, I've made him special food for a long time, and now when I make an adult entree that doesn't have his allergens, he just doesn't like it (like lasagna, soup, casseroles, etc.). I wish both of my kids would drink milk.

newg
01-11-2010, 09:30 PM
fruit or anything "slimy"

alien_host
01-11-2010, 09:39 PM
chicken that isn't in a "nugget" or "finger" form. ;)

dcmom2b3
01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Meat (other than nuggets) that isn't ground and in a combo dish. Mac and cheese. I mean, what kid without allergies doesn't love mac and cheese? Vegetables that aren't either in stew/combo form. She loves chili and rice, baked tortellini, homemade beef-a-roni all with as many vegs as I can put in them. But a solo veg is rejected out of hand, no matter how much butter or salt I put on it.

I'm so sick of everything needing to be sauce-y casserole-y with all the foods touching each other. I long to share a simple dinner of roast chicken, spinach and mashed potatoes -- with nothing touching. Or, maybe even (gasp!) a roast beef.

Naranjadia
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Vegetables.

Oh and dinners other than chicken nuggets, mac & cheese, and pizza.

kijip
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Pasta sauce.

WatchingThemGrow
01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I wish my older two would eat THE SAME THING! Recent meals: one eats eggs, the other eats the toast. One eats the fish sticks, the other eats the tater tots. One eats the pasta, the other eats the broccoli. One eats the hotdog, the other eats the bun.

So annoying. I can serve a well-balanced meal, and they will eat their one item happily. The plates will sit there untouched for 10 min. I trade their plates and they dig into one another's leftovers. It is nuts.

bubbaray
01-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Um, anything? My kids just don't eat, period. They eat at school/daycare, but pretty much nothing at home.

I would love love LOVE to be able to have fish and peanuts/treenuts in the house. They can't eat those due to severe food allergies. I would love nothing more than for them to not have food allergies.

jgenie
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
FOOD!!!

DS is tiny and rarely eats anything - he will have a good food day and I will run out to buy whatever he's eaten and then he won't touch it next time I offer it. :banghead:

Clarity
01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
We have allergies to contend with so I wish DS could eat things like cheese, pizza, eggs, baked goodies...pretty much anything containing milk and eggs.

:yeahthat:

As for dd1, I wish she'd eat carrots and cottage cheese. She eats darn near everything else.