PDA

View Full Version : cruise and parks or just cruise

jayali
01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
We are doing some sort of Disney vacation in March. We would like to do the Disney Cruise, as we have been to WDW twice and DH and DS have never been on a cruise. Right now we have two options - we can do WDW for two nights and then do a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas OR we could do a 7 night cruise to the Carribean.

Most people I have spoken to say great things about Disney Cruises (most of the mothers on this board in fact) however, I wasn't sure if combining it with a stay at the park was worth it. I read somewhere that the transfer from the park to the boat leaves at 11am day of departure, and wasn't sure how that worked. Do you get to the boat before everyone else or are in transit for longer then two hours. To me if I have to be at the dock and waiting to board the boat it wouldn't be worth it as we would lose a whole day at WDW.

Anyone with any advice I would really appreciate it. Also, any cruise advice is appreciated. Are there things that I would have to book early (along the lines of Character Dinners at the Park) or things that we must do on the boat or ports of call (castaway Key).

TIA!

Tondi G
01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
check the prices! Disney Cruises are very expensive compared to other cruise lines. That said, Disney does cruises well and if you enjoy Disney you will love it! A lot of people opt for the land and sea vacation cause they can't always afford a longer Disney cruise or they want to do a little of both. Most people over on Cruise Critic say that it is nice to do the parks and then get on the cruise and relax!

You need to leave early cause it is a bit of a drive to get from the parks to the port. then get on board. Then check the kids in to the kids program and take a tour of the ship. There is a lot to see and do! As far a booking things for port days/excursions you typically do that once you are on board. Every night you will get a paper that explains all the things that will be going on on the ship the next day. bring a couple of different colors of highlighter pens and each person can highlight things they really would like to do with their own color!

We've been on the Nickelodeon Cruise and my boys had a BLAST! We can't wait to try out a Disney Cruise. The price is just hard to swallow since we need to pay for air fare for 4 people as well. Hopefully we will get it together before my older DS is over Disney!

Hope you have a wonderful trip whatever you decide! Go over to the Cruise Critic site and visit the Disney board, the family cruising board and the ports of call boards depending on the itinerary!