PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend training pants

EQ_Bo_07
01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I think we need to switch over to training pants. Pull Ups are doing nothing for our PT progress. Can someone suggest good brands of trainig pants to try. DD is 2 1/2.

AnnieW625
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Hanna Andersson's and Gerber ones for cloth are okay, but honestly I'd keep your DD in diapers until she is full on ready to tell you when she needs to go to the bathroom all of the time. We tried pull ups and DD wouldn't tell us when she had to go, then I thought okay we'll switch to cloth training pants and well she peed through those and then would tell us I went potty, just like she did with diapers. So we went back to diapers as they were cheaper than pull ups. Potty training finally kicked in about a week after she turned 3, and as soon as she got in the habit of telling us before she had to go potty and when we put her on the potty the diaper was dry then only did we switch to the training pants.

MamaMolly
01-11-2010, 03:28 PM
ITA with you on the pull-ups. They didn't do a thing for DD. We both really like the Hanna Andersson training unders. The cotton is nice and thick and it absorbs well so there are less ruined outfits as we make the sometimes mad dash to the potty. I posted about these on another thread, and another mom pointed out that they don't have much stretch. She's absolutely right. If DD has managed to stay dry, at the end of the day the HA unders are stretched out and saggy. They still work fine but are kinda unsightly. That Mama recommended the Imsy Vimsy ones found here: http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=144 but at that price they make the HA ones look like a bargain.

The Gerber ones are a second choice here, then miles down the road come the regular panties (like character ones that are only one or 2 layers of fabric, like adult panties).

I bought the HA unders on sale a long time ago because the price was hard to take. And I waited around during the last sale and missed it, so I'm looking at full price and shipping. Sigh.

ged
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
i liked the aforementioned imse vimse for when we had to go out/the first couple weeks or so... they are comfy and very absorbant.

then we used hanna training unders for awhile just to be safe.

hellbennt
01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
snap-ez cloth training pants
I bought clearanced/discounted ones-
used them at home and short trips out & about

hobie
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Antzy Pants are another cloth pull-up.

However, DS would pee in anything when we first started using the potty...being naked and at home all day is what worked for him. He has been fully day trained for about 2months now (3.5 yrs).

Cuckoomamma
01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
We ec'd dd2 and used Hanna trainers. I loved them. Expensive, yes. But, she went into them at a year, so I felt I really got my money's worth. They wash really well, are nice and thick without being too think, imo.

crl
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Hanna's are nice. But DS never peed just a little. He either made it to the potty in time or he peed through everything. So, trainers did us no good. I did leave them in his underwear rotation for a year or so because they are basically the same as underwear, just with some extra fabric in the crotch.

Catherine

dcmom2b3
01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Hanna's are nice. But DS never peed just a little. He either made it to the potty in time or he peed through everything. So, trainers did us no good. I did leave them in his underwear rotation for a year or so because they are basically the same as underwear, just with some extra fabric in the crotch.

Catherine

This was our experience too. The Hannas are lovely, but didn't do anything to stop her clothes, the carpet, couch, what have you from getting soaked. So I switched to inexpensive Elmo print undies that she liked better anyway and was more enthusiastic to try to keep dry.

clc053103
01-12-2010, 08:45 PM
I used Potty Scotty for DS- Potty patty is the girl version (pottypatty.com) I went with the regular trainers, not waterproof as I wanted them to be just like underwear. Nothing leaked out but DS could still feel the wetness. I highly recommend - it wasn't until I convinced DCP to stop the pull ups and use the potty scotty's that progress was actually made.

mom2binsd
01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
I can't recommend any, as I guess I never understood training pants (don't they get wet and you have to change them???)...both my kids went from diapers to underwear, granted we waited until they were completely ready and telling us when to use the potty/taking off their own diaper to use the potty (DD was 3, DS a 3 yrs 4 months).

Does everyone use training pants????

vludmilla
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM
DD still loves her Gerber trainers and she's been fully PT'd for about 8 months. She says they are very soft and comfortable and won't give them up.