PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras at Disneyland

rlu
01-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I've tried searching the disboards and disney websites but couldn't find out if they do anything special for Mardi Gras at Disneyland. We might be there (along with everyone else who gets a week off in Feb) President's Week. If nothing else, we'll be getting beignets at DTD on our way into the park.

I did find on the disboards mention of a Jubilee celebration (Princess and Frog) that happens at DL, but it noted that was to end Jan 3. When I looked on the Disney website calendar for Presidents Week it mentions the boats aren't running (the steamboat I mean) so I don't know if that means they are continuing the Jubilee which uses the steamboat or not.

eta - or maybe it's a paddle boat - not a DL expert here.

Tondi G
01-11-2010, 08:09 PM
they will have New Orleans square decorated and singers/performers may be throwing out beads etc. The boats are not running cause they are working on the waterway there so anything associated with the water will not be happening... no boats, no canoes, no Tom sawyers island.

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown has some YUMMY beignets though!!!!

rlu
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Thank you. It's been 4+ years since we went to DL, so I don't frequent the disboards or the disney website too much and trying to find this type of information was not intuitive (to me at any rate!) I knew a BBBer would pull through for me though!

eta: we went to DL when DS was 18months for a work-related conference (lucky me!) which put us at the DL hotel. We had bacon and beignets everyday as we passed the place in downtown Disney on our way to the park.