PDA

View Full Version : Problem with infant seat

mommy_someday
01-11-2010, 04:45 PM
We have a Baby Trend Latch Loc that we used for DS 1 & 2 (has 1 year left before expiration). I stopped using it with DS2, because while I was tightening his straps one day, the button to loosen them (between DS's legs) came off in my hand, along with an interior spring. I put it back together and it looked right, but I'm wary about reusing it. I was just going to put DS3 straight into a RA that we already have, but it's been so cold this winter, that I really think an infant seat would come in handy. I'm not sure if I should use our old one (I emailed Baby Trend and am waiting to see what they say) or buy a new one. If we do have to buy a new one, it needs to be as inexpensive as possible for a safe seat, because my boys always end up being too heavy to tote around by about 4 months. I looked at the 101 thread and found suggestions for inexpensive convertibles and boosters, but nothing for infant seats. All I can find on searches is that I shouldn't get the Evenflo seats at WalMart. Is there a decent infant bucket out there for under $80, since we'll only need it for a short time? This baby is going to be here in a few weeks, so I really need to figure this out! Thanks!

mommylamb
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
By any chance do you have any friends that have an infant seat they're not using? One where you know it hasn't been in a crash? I'd try to borrow one.

mommy_someday
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
That's a great idea! I'll check on that. Thanks!

Momof3Labs
01-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Have you looked around online for a sale? I got our Graco Safeseats from albeebaby for around $80 shipped last spring - they were already a year old, but since these are our last babies, I didn't care.

AnnieW625
01-11-2010, 08:02 PM
You can get a back adjust Snugride from Target/Wal Mart/K Mart for about $80. We had one with DD and while the back adjust was a bit of a pain we only used it until DH got fed up with it which was right around the time DD was 7 mos. old. I'd also check Albee Baby.

OKKiddo
01-11-2010, 08:45 PM
You can get a back adjust Snugride from Target/Wal Mart/K Mart for about $80. We had one with DD and while the back adjust was a bit of a pain we only used it until DH got fed up with it which was right around the time DD was 7 mos. old. I'd also check Albee Baby.

I have to ask why everyone says they don't like the back adjusting snugrides. :( I have one that I used with both of my DS's and I didn't have any issues with it at all. But, then again, I don't loosen their straps when I take them out of their car seats (in the snugride or even now in their blvd's). I guess that could be why I never had issues.

mommy_someday
01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't know why I didn't think of Albee Baby. D'oh! We looked at several B&M stores and couldn't find anything other than the Evenflo seat that would work with our budget. I just assumed we couldn't get a Snugride because all the ones we saw were over $100. I'll check Albee and some other stores (besides BRU). I swear, pregnancy makes me stupid... :duh: Thank you for all the responses!