PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Lego Deals

alien_host
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM
I tried CL and haven't seen any good listings. So where can I get Legos ON SALE?

I did pick up a set at Borders with a 33% off coupon, but the selection was small (not sure if it was b/c of Christmas and maybe they haven't restocked?).

There are some items on sale at the Lego store, but not what we are looking for (not into Atlantis, Bionicle, Technics etc).

How often does TRU do some sort of sale (eventhough they are already 20-25% higher than Lego store). Target? Kmart? Walmart?

Is there a time of year where stores run sales?

How about discount stores...does Tuesday Morning ever carry it? TJ Maxx?

TIA!

Tondi G
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I think I saw some sets on sale at Target... I could be wrong though. I was in my local lego store and they had some power miners sets on sale.

stratosphere03
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Target has had a few sets on clearance, but they tend to go fast. I rarely see them make it past 30% off.

schrocat
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
I found some at Target at 30% and some at 50%. You really have to look for them though and go to different Targets which poses a bit of a problem time wise.

alien_host
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I did check one Target and it was pretty cleaned out of Lego - this was right after Christmas and last week. I saw one Bionicle at 50% but nothing else.

MmeSunny
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I just picked up a big Duplo box for 50% off at my Target. There was a good bit of Lego too, but DD is still too small. I would check Target, especially those in a poorer area of town, if possible. They tend to have less traffic and better clearance. That's what mine is and it's awesome! The ones in the nicer/richer areas rarely have good clearance.

Pennylane
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I ordered a huge box of Legos ( 5 pounds) from a seller on Ebay for $19.95, plus shipping. It had tons of great pieces and 5 characters. Also my Lego store has nice variety bags available most of the time for around $6.

Ann

o_mom
01-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Are you near Meijer? I find they have fairly regular sales of buy one get one half off. They also have coupons at times, most recently 'santa bucks' which are roughly 20% off - so $4 off $20, $6 off $30, etc. I was able to get some at a decent discount that way. Their regular prices are in line with Target/Walmart.

alien_host
01-12-2010, 11:56 AM
No Meijer here...is that a grocery store or more like Target/Walmart?

I should check our grocery store toy aisle. Sometimes they do 25% off.

o_mom
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
No Meijer here...is that a grocery store or more like Target/Walmart?

I should check our grocery store toy aisle. Sometimes they do 25% off.

It's like a Super Walmart - grocery and general merch. They are midwest - IL, IN, MI, OH, KY.