PDA

View Full Version : Cameleon OR Frog, and why?

blondflava
01-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Hello wonderful Ladies, I'm debating between a used Bugaboo Cam and Frog. Any advantages of one over another? I found a couple good deals and will probably need to jump on one before it's gone.. I know Cam is bigger, does the 2" really matter that much? I have a small 9 month old and would love to keep the Bug as our outdoor walking stroller till the end of her stroller years... Thank you, you helped me so many times, I hope for once more LOL! :bighand:

Jennifer626
01-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi!

I have a Frog and LOVE it. I bought it used on CL for $350 and I know for a fact that I can re-sell it on CL for $400 if/when I'm done with it.

The differences: the Frog has real tires, the Cam has foam-filled tires. The Cam has an adjustable handle for if you are really tall, the Frog doesn't. The cam seat is a little bigger.

I think we will make it until about age 2 with this stroller, I don't think it will last until DD is 5 years old...the seat is small. We plan to buy a BOB when we eventually sell the Frog.

blondflava
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I am planning to go through toddler years with the stroller...2-3 years old. LOL, I hope DD won't want to ride in a stroller when older than that? That's my first so I don't know.. If she does and is older than 2-3, I'd go with a light umbrella, probably one of the Maclarens, and sell the others by then :)
So it's 1:0 for the Frog... Anyone else? :jammin:

ETA: I'm 5'6" and DH is 5'9" so adjustable handlebar isn't really the necessity hehe

MamaBear
01-12-2010, 01:01 AM
We've got a Cameleon. We bought it before our first was born in 2006, so has the air tires; if you're looking to buy used, you may still be able to find them. I *love* the adjustable handlebars; there's a pretty good difference in height between grandparents, so everyone is comfortable with these. I'm 5'8" and prefer to have a high handlebar, so it suits me well, and if we start using the toddler board now that we've got a second child, the extra height will be especially useful. I also like that we can make the handle much shorter if we're in a restaurant or other crowded space. (I've also appreciated this in tiny European elevators!) And since our first is very tall (97th percentile) we really appreciate the extra length for the seat frame. I suspect he'd have outgrown the Frog seat by 2 years or so.

Anyway, I love my Cam! It's served us well as our one-and-only for just over three years. (We've bought a second stroller, a Mutsy, for this new baby, but will still be using the Bug lots.)

blondflava
01-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Hmmm now it's 1:1 LOL. You're not making it any easier! LOL. DD is tiny, was a preemie and had feeding issues at the beginning, still below the charts for weight and length so I'm not THAT afraid of her outgrowing any stroller yet. She'd probably still fit in a bassinet part :hysterical: (not that she'd lie flat still there though, she wants to sit and be all over the place). How big/tall will a kid be when outgrowing the Frog/Cam seat? Anyone knows? I'm leaning towards Frog though, seems more compact and smaller, we'd store it in highway but might take it by car (have a sedan but with a big trunk, my jogger fit with room to spare..) to the beach for example in summer...

pastrygirl
01-12-2010, 10:05 AM
I think we will make it until about age 2 with this stroller, I don't think it will last until DD is 5 years old...the seat is small. We plan to buy a BOB when we eventually sell the Frog.Slight hijack -- definitely try the BOB at that age. My tall son outgrew our BOB by height at 2.5 years old, so I sold it to buy a taller stroller.

To the OP, I keep seeing Frogs and Cams on Craigslist, and am so tempted! I've had the same question as you. :)

AnnieW625
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Slight hijack -- definitely try the BOB at that age. My tall son outgrew our BOB by height at 2.5 years old, so I sold it to buy a taller stroller.

To the OP, I keep seeing Frogs and Cams on Craigslist, and am so tempted! I've had the same question as you. :)

Yeah that is what I have heard too. I have seen older toddlers in the Bob Ironman and they seem to fit better. We plan on trying our 4 yo in the doubles of: BJ City Elite, BJ Summitt, Bob Ironman, and Valco Trimode.

peanut520
01-14-2010, 02:45 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE my Cam!! i'm only 5'4" but the adjustable handle bar is great when i want to take a power stroll through the neighborhood so i'm not hitting the axle. the cam also has the adjustable suspension on the front tires and that might come in handy since dd is on the smaller side. i debated between the two for a while and am super glad that i went with the cam. my personal reasons were:
- i like the ability to pick the combination of the fabrics and color
- adjustable handle bar
- taller seat, dd is now 90th in height and 25 in weight at 11mos
- there really isnt a big enough weight / size difference when you see them side by side

Good luck in deciding but you are going to love either one

blondflava
01-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks! I actually went to BBB and they had them both, I asked the sales assistant to put them side by side and the seat frames kind of looked the same size to me. I do like the possibiliy to change the color combination but would I change it? LOL, I don't know. I think I'm going to go with the Frog, now I really really want the Sand or Gray (it seems very rare though??) color, and I thought of getting the Cam canopy wires and putting the red canopy on. It might be a while before I come across the color I want, for some reason i keep seeing the navy or red ones! At least I live in the suburbs of a major city so new ones keep popping up every day... I sold my Easywalker too, DH stopped objecting to my 'new passion' LOL, so Froggie, here I come :bighand: