PDA

View Full Version : Does this seem reasonable? Disney trip

hillview
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Thinking DS #1 withOUT a carseat on the plane. DS #2 in a RN. At airport we are being picked up by a car service. DS #1 uses RSV vest thing (first time use -- we own it just have not used it) and DS #2 uses RN. I could also take the Safe Ride Go for DS #2 (DS #1 doesn't reall fit) and put DS #1 in the RN in the car service.

Does the vest seem like the best option? WWYD?

TIA!
/hillary

jjordan
01-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Does ds2 ride RF or FF?

Is there a reason you're not using Disney transportation?

kwc
01-13-2010, 02:06 AM
I have all 3 of those seats and 2 kids that are likely similarly sized or smaller than yours (3 and 6 but fairly small). From your post, it sounds like you don't really plan to be in cars except to and from the airport.

I think the RideSafer Travel Vest could be reasonable if your DS1 doesn't mind it and you practice the install (though I do not find it harder to do than a non-LATCH Radian install). My very petite 6 y/o DD doesn't love the RideSafer Travel Vest (it gapes on her) but will use it when we need it... it slides around on her and is kind of a pain to use so we use it as an extra "seat" I keep in the car when I have to drive 3 kids. I think you will want to try it out with your DS1 and practice using it as it takes a bit of time to get the seat belts in the brackets and it could be a bit stressful if you are trying to jump in the car at the airport curb.

IF you know that the car service will have a top tether available (e.g., in a minivan), I would take the SafeGuard Go for DS2 (and the Radian for #1) as it is so easy to install. However, as many of the "limos" are a bit older and do NOT have top tethers, you could run the risk of having to use the Go as a backless booster for your DS1... either removing the back with a screwdriver or improperly allowing it to flap around... ask me how i know... :(

We usually rent cars but my DH loves the Go so much that we bought 2 and take them everywhere with us.

Good Luck!

Edited because I don't know how to use icons

hillview
01-13-2010, 10:25 AM
We are not using disney transportation b/c we've heard mixed reviews on wait times.

DS #2 rides FF -- he was 36 lbs at 2 year check up (BIG BOY in a 4t).

I called the car service and the town car DOES have a top tether so I think I will go with the Go. I don't want to have to deal with a cranky DS1 getting into a saferider vest etc.

Thanks all!
/hillary