PDA

View Full Version : S/O Favorite Crockpot Recipes

Nu_mama
01-11-2010, 09:00 PM
After reading the posts on the crockpot recs thread, I was amazed by how many of you use your crockpots soooo frequently. I would love to hear what some of your favs and go-tos are. Looking forward to reading :)

srhs
01-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Beth (egoldber) posted once about chicken and BBQ sauce--voila! delish! We love it! Only concern is to not overcook it.

SASM
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Beth (egoldber) posted once about chicken and BBQ sauce--voila! delish! We love it! Only concern is to not overcook it.
This is also great to use when you have frozen breasts...it still is done in about 3-4 hours. :)

michellerw
01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I just pot-roasted a whole chicken (about a four pounder) with celery, carrots, and little red potatoes last week.

I never follow recipes, but I tossed in some olive oil, herbs de provence, sea salt, black pepper, white wine, and half a carton of chicken broth before I turned on the crock pot.

I finished the chicken under the broiler (about 10 minutes) that evening and after dinner tossed the chicken carcass (without the bones), some noodles, and more broth in to make chicken soup from the leftovers. There are just two of us, so we easily have gotten about four meals out of that one chicken.

newg
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Chicken Delicious...........

Chicken breasts, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, 1/3 cup sherry............season chicken with salt, pepper, lemon juice and celery salt..........add the soups and sherry.................sprinkle with Parm. cheese and cook all day.

I make brown rice to serve under the chicken and sauce.