PDA

View Full Version : What purse goes with this coat?

zephyr
01-12-2010, 02:09 AM
I got this coat as a late Christmas present for myself (half price!) from Anthropologie. It's very girly, but not sure if I have a purse that goes with it. So what kind of purse do you think matches it? I'm thinking black, gray or brown? Please provide links of photos if you can. BTW, they are sold out on the website so this is the only clear picture I could find online, which is on someone's blog. http://anthropologieaddict.blogspot.com/2009/08/review-elimovna-coat.html

kozachka
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Interesting coat. Since it has so much detail, I'd match it with a simple purse. It looks like it would work with either black or dark brown purse. Burgundy is also an option IMO. What colour is the trim?

bubbaray
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
If the trim is black as it shows on my computer, definitely a black purse. Something small and dainty -- like a Coach top handle pouch (sorry, can't provide direct link, its on this page: http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-handbags_silhouettes_small-10551-10051-5000000000000015035-en?t1Id=62&t2Id=5000000000000015035&tier=2)

lchang25000
01-13-2010, 12:26 AM
A simple black clutch.

NewMom2007
01-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I think it's begging for something with a ruffle. Maybe black leather with one big ruffle accent. I don't have a specific link, but google "black leather ruffle purse" and you'll see lots of image ideas. Better yet, I just got lost on etsy.com looking at "black ruffle purses"...there are some great options there!

zephyr
01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks. The detailing is black and there is also some gold embroidery added. I like the idea of a small simple clutch. What is your guys' opinion of the coat anyways? I was thinking it could go with boot cut or skinny jeans and heels, or with a knee length skirt...

cvanbrunt
01-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Love the coat. I was eyeing it myself but I have so many already.

viba424
01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
That is really cute, I like it! I would pair it with a simple black purse that doesnt have a lot of hardware or other details. Whatever you have should be fine. Maybe not anything to boxy or structured. I like the idea of burgundy that was mentioned above. I would chill out on jewelry too, and keep the hair simple. Cute!

catpagmo
01-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks. The detailing is black and there is also some gold embroidery added. I like the idea of a small simple clutch. What is your guys' opinion of the coat anyways? I was thinking it could go with boot cut or skinny jeans and heels, or with a knee length skirt...

I would go with skinny jeans. I think a skirt would be too much volume for that coat, since the coat has so much volume already.

Fairy
01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Is that Ugly Betty's coat from the pregnancy episode?! Love that coat! I'd match a detailed girly coat with a simple classic purse so as not to a) overdo it, and b) not steal focus from the beauty of the coat. But that's in a perfect world. Me, I'd just use whatever purse I'm using that decade ;-)

catpagmo
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Is that Ugly Betty's coat from the pregnancy episode?! Love that coat! I'd match a detailed girly coat with a simple classic purse so as not to a) overdo it, and b) not steal focus from the beauty of the coat. But that's in a perfect world. Me, I'd just use whatever purse I'm using that decade ;-)

Wow, it is the coat from the show! I googled it. You have a good eye!

Fairy
01-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Wow, it is the coat from the show! I googled it. You have a good eye!

Only cuz I absolutely fell in love with the coat. I don't notice clothing on TV shows that much. Generally. But I do love fashion and that coat ... that coat? Ohmigosh I loved it.

zephyr
01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
So I wore the coat for the first time last week with a simple black purse. I got quite a few compliments, to say the least!