PDA

View Full Version : We have 16 days to move!!!!

c&j04
01-12-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm thrilled we sold our house immediately. Really, I am! But who sets the closing for 17 days from offer?? Wow. IF I wasn't 26 wks pregnant and moving away from the beautiful, perfect nursery that's been waiting for a baby for so long, I would be so excited I couldn't see straight. Such mixed feelings....thankfully DH "gets" it.

vludmilla
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Wow. Glad you sold your house but unless it's a cash offer, I don't know how they plan to close in 17 days. Good luck and I hope you get some more time to move.

Melaine
01-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Scary and exciting.....I can't imagine how overwhelming that would be!!

c&j04
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
unless it's a cash offer, I don't know how they plan to close in 17 days. Good luck and I hope you get some more time to move.

They are pre-approved for more than needed. Also, their banker started shoving it farther thru yesterday as soon as their offer was on paper and lawyers had their stuff lined up just waiting on us to accept. All their #s are good so the realtor says don't plan on a delay. Guess its like ripping off a band-aid.

MoJo
01-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I hope:
1) You've got someplace to move to
2) You already packed some of your stuff in preparation for showings
and
3) You've got some help.

Because otherwise, there's no way I could move in 16 days! (I could have 10 years ago, but not today!)

c&j04
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I hope:
1) You've got someplace to move to
2) You already packed some of your stuff in preparation for showings
and
3) You've got some help.

Because otherwise, there's no way I could move in 16 days! (I could have 10 years ago, but not today!)

1) not positive but likely
2)not really-FSBO
3) hope so!!!
I might be back here before it's all over :)

JTsMom
01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
You are going to be one busy woman! Congrats on the sale, and good luck with the packing and moving.

MamaMolly
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Word of advice? Pay someone to help you move. It costs an arm and a leg but OMG what a difference. Your sanity is so, so, so worth it. Congrats on a speedy sale!

mommylamb
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
They are pre-approved for more than needed. Also, their banker started shoving it farther thru yesterday as soon as their offer was on paper and lawyers had their stuff lined up just waiting on us to accept. All their #s are good so the realtor says don't plan on a delay. Guess its like ripping off a band-aid.

I'm still surprised the bank would go for that. They need to get the appraisal, termite inspection, homeowners inspection (if there is one) scheduled and done, plus time for underwriting. That seems super fast to me. I think even 30 days is tough.

vonfirmath
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Who wrote leaving in 16 days into the contract? Their agent?

c&j04
01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Who wrote leaving in 16 days into the contract? Their agent?

Yeah. Closing date, possession at closing. With the first house we sold, we had less than a 30 day closing also.

vonfirmath
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
How did the move go?

glbb35
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
c&j04, I feel for you and do understand. Two weeks after we got the twins out of the NICU, DH decides we must move. (We needed space with 4 boys, had thought about it and wanted to be closer to family). I thought he was kidding and let it go. We signed a contract, it got accepted, we put our house on the market and we were packing 4 boys (2 who were 8 weeks old), 2 dogs and a cat, a few weeks late ! IT happened so fast I can't even remember all the details. We packed, then went on a week vacation with several friends (that DH has planned 6 months earlier much to my dismay which could be another post in itself :)) and returned and moved 3 days later. That was in July. It is now Feb.& I am still unpacking!!!! Between work, Kindergarten starting, all the sports, preschool and the holidays, it has taken me forever to get organized. I feel your pain. You WILL make it, I promise. You may not have a hair on your head left or remember a thing, but you will make it. Hugs to you and vibes of peace and tranquility for a somewhat blissful move.

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09

KrisM
02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Hope it went well! When we sold, closing was only 20 days out and it wasn't any issue with the bank. We had already moved out, which sure helped :).

c&j04
02-10-2010, 04:08 PM
The move went better than expected! We packed one day, moved the next and spent the following day at closing, arranging stuff, errands etc. It was a crazy week getting everything lined up to fall into place but it's over now!!!!!!:cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

The new place is smaller which means (so far) less cleaning because it's always clean. That may change in April when DC comes along.

I'm so glad I have you all to complain to. Thanks.

WatchingThemGrow
02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
The move went better than expected! We packed one day, moved the next
Wow. Can I fly you here whenever we decide to move? You have some good mojo to pack one day and move the next!

It is great to hear someone say that a smaller place is better. I need to hear more of that! Congrats on the move. Can't wait to hear about the baby!

MamaMolly
02-11-2010, 12:14 AM
Hey that is great to hear! I've been thinking of you. Enjoy your new space. I find I prefer smaller because it is easier to clean and inspires me to get rid of clutter. Glad it went well!