PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Ikea's shipping service or online ordering?

jess_g
01-12-2010, 11:34 AM
I was just looking at their shipping rates for small purchases and it does not look that bad (about $22 for an order upto $150 and 45 pounds). I am wondering if anyone has used their service and what you thought of it. I know that half the fun of Ikea is shopping in the store but I realy hate the drive down there. Its one hour each way on freeways that I don't realy know well so it might be worth it to order online and have them ship me the items. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and what their experence was like.

Thanks,

Jessica.

AJP
01-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm curious too. I've been itching for a trip down there for a year but hate that ride also. Do you know if they ship to you from their local store or a warehouse?

Andi98989
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
We had our dining room set shipped - table, 10 chairs, sideboard. There was no way that we could get it home in my car once we started measuring out how big the boxes were going to be. I could only have fit 6 of the chairs, I think. :) We were very happy with the shipping; ours was delivered on a pallet and they put it in our garage. I haven't ordered anything smaller than that from them online.

Kymberley
01-12-2010, 08:05 PM
If you end up going for it, please let us know how it goes. The closest IKEA to me is over 2 hours away and I'm dying to go again.

bluestarfish18
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
The closest IKEA to us is 3 hours away, and shipping almost all our household goods is our only choice. We've had a few shelves and benches shipped by IKEA with no problem. Arrived on time and in great condition. From what I remember, it arrived in the same box that you would pick up at the warehouse: flat and compact....just stapled up really well.