PDA

View Full Version : Choosing summer over Spring Break for DL

robinsmommy
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
So, we were basically all set to go right before DD's spring break (major guilt there, for starters), and then I started finding out how busy it would probably be.....Annual Pass holders have days they can't go, and those days tend to be much quieter. Right before and right after longer blackout periods it tends to be really busy. So there is a long blackout period starting (depending on your type of pass) Fri Mar 26th.

There is a national cheerleading competition at DL Mar 25-28th, and some cheers will stay with friends/family before or afterwards, most likely....

And the week before Easter weekend is traditionally very busy, too.

We were planning on being there Mar 22-28ish, and we haven't canceled (rescheduled, really) our room at the Hojo yet, but we probably will if DH can swing his work schedule. I don't think I'll enjoy the park as much if it is super busy, and I know that DH won't....and more rides tend to be open in summer, the pool will be more fun, as will any "wet" rides.

So I'm looking at going before peak season in July. So far, prices overall for the trip will be about the same or maybe slightly less. Being warm in March would be nice, but I guess the benefits look pretty good right now.

Tondi G
01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't go over spring break. It is very busy. The school in So Cal get out anywhere from late May to June 24th I think so June may not be all that mellow either. You will have much warmer weather making the pool a definite thing (in march it could be cold). There are TONS of people there for those cheer competitions (been there and there were lots of girls made up in too much makeup and their fancy hair bows (some in uniforms). Our LAUSD spring break is March 29th to April 2nd.

robinsmommy
01-13-2010, 02:34 PM
I've been thinking of checking on the CA schools, the hotel mentioned that the local ones don't get out until after the dates we're looking at. I'm also focusing on the days that passes are blocked (not all, the Deluxe will only be blocked on Saturday) but the other ones will, which should reduce the locals crowd somewhat. I think it will seem busy no matter when, I think they cut ride operations when the park is slower, anyways, to save money....(like maybe reducing the numbers of operators or runs on the ride - seems like I've read this somewhere on Disboards).