PDA

View Full Version : Tommee Tippee

clrodri
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Hi!

I was checking on Babies R Us and found that they are selling a new brand for bottles called Tommee Tippee. Has anyone had a previous experience with it? How many bottles fit in the electric sterilizer??

Thanks,

Clau

megan973
01-25-2010, 01:48 PM
I, too, am debating buying these sets. I was reading reviews on Amazon where there are more opinions on the brand.

jenfromnj
01-25-2010, 11:21 PM
I saw this, too, and I was curious. The literature said that the electronic sterilizer can fit 6 bottles; I think there is also a microwave sterilizer, not sure about the capacity of that one.

megan973
01-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I just searched on BRU, and the microwave steamer holds 4 bottles.

I'm trying to decide if I am just in love with the packaging, or if these are really a better bottle. I don't think they look as cute once they're out of the box.

TwoBees
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
These bottles are getting great reviews at BRU (although I always take those with a grain of salt). I'm bumping this post to see if anyone has tried them yet.

mominma
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I just bought these bottles. My DS is pretty much exclusively breastfed, but I need to return to work in 2 weeks so we have been trying to give 2 oz in a bottle every few days, we were using the Born Free bottles and my son seemed to be getting too much in his mouth and it just seemed to come out too fast. I was in Babies R Us the other day and decided to try the Tommee Tippee.

We have tried them 2 times and so far, I like them. My little guy will hold my fingers when I hold the bottle since it is so short. He also looks comfortable drinking from them. I will keep trying them to see if we will stay with this brand, but so far so good.

momtobeoverseas
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
We tried these bottles in our desperate search for a bottle that DD would take before starting daycare. I was not impressed- the nipple kind of disappeared into the bottle as she sucked.

kcandz
02-17-2010, 03:45 PM
semi-OT - got the straw cups. They are not leak proof as advertised. Nuby straw cups continue to be our favorite.

DrSally
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Someone--maybe it was "watchingthemgrow" just bought some. Hopefully she'll chime in.

WatchingThemGrow
02-17-2010, 03:56 PM
I did get some! 8 in fact - 4 sippy (the 24m one) and 4 straw cups. They've only been in use for 2 days, but so far so good! DH does all the dishes, so he's in charge of the disassembly/reassembly. He didn't complain. DC seem to like them (as is the case with anything new) and I haven't noticed spills yet. They seem to not leak when you turn them over and shake, shake, shake them. Time will tell.

SusieR
03-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I love these bottles! Been using them for over a month along with the electric sterilizer. I had used playtex dropins since he was a newborn but when I began to exclusively bottle feed at 5mths.... I noticced my son was getting bad gas, and was depressing the nipples, etc