PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland card (DW)

clc053103
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Anyone ever try using this instead of getting a dining plan for savings on meals? We were previously doing Deluxe dining and we liked the freedom but were eating far too much food than we really ever would have if we had just purchased meals out of pocket. I like that the savings is also off alcohol (we have wine every night- after a day in the parks you may find you need it! LOL!).

Wondering if you had a good experience, and if the savings was 1-worth the cost ($75 for an AP holder) 2-better than using a dining plan.

TIA!

malibelle
01-14-2010, 01:45 PM
If you plan on eating at the fine dining restaurants its worth it. We got married in Disney and purchased the card since our group couldn't get the dining plan plus the wedding room discount together. We saved lots of money. Its will pay for itself and more if you use it right or if you plan on going more than one per year.

clc053103
01-14-2010, 01:51 PM
thank you! We are a group of 6 that will grow to a group of 8 mid trip- due to this, we can't get the dining plan unless we get it for the entire stay for all 8 people, which is just not worth it. We have DVC discounted AP's and will return to disney the next year before the aP's and TIW expire, and we definitely favor the nicer table service restaurants in disney- we aren't much for buffets. I think it sounds like we will get our money's worth.
Welcome to the board!

egoldber
01-14-2010, 02:25 PM
We had the old version of this which was called something else that escapes me now, LOL! But for us, this was worth it. However, it was also cheaper then too, only $45.

Remember, you only need to buy one AP to get the card. :)

clc053103
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
We had the old version of this which was called something else that escapes me now, LOL! But for us, this was worth it. However, it was also cheaper then too, only $45.

Remember, you only need to buy one AP to get the card. :)

Disney Dining Experience maybe? I thought I saw that name somewhere!! I doubt our husbands will return with us next year (they are questionable this year- we love our women and children trips!) so we won't get them AP's. It's nice that one TIW card covers up to 10 and it also works at cinderella's royal table, and on alcohol. After a day with our kids in disney we often need a bottle of wine! $45- the price has close to doubled, but the way we eat it should pay for itself.

If only they would add Teppan Edo- they added toyko dining, but not teppan edo. Not the greatest but the kids love it.