PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a recipe book for kid with allergies

Dream
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
My DD is allergic to Wheat, Egg whites and Peanuts. So she's very limited. I bought eggless pasta made with rice flour. So she eats rice and pasta at different meals but I need some recipes to prepare food using rice flour that doesn't require eggs. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Elilly
01-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I hear ya on the allergies. DS has celiac and is allergic to soy, dairy, and corn. Ugh. The best ideas that I have found are from food allergy cookbooks from the library and this site:
http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/

The website is awesome. You have to "upgrade" to a family membership for $25 to get access to the recipe database but the "support forum" is free :)

Dream
01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you, sorry to hear about your DSs allergies. Makes things harder. I'm praying DD will out grow it. Her Dr said she's stage 2 with moderate allergies.

Ana72
01-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Kids are very sensitive when it comes to the food they eat. They encounter food allergies where in they are limited to eat usual food that kids are eating, but then there are some alternatives to avoid the child’s allergies, such as the food you prepare. If your child is allergic to peanuts try to prepare an alternative and a presentable type of dish. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts about allergy.

alien_host
01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I attended a meeting on allergies this week and they had a list of cookbooks. I haven't tried any of these but here is what was listed.

"What to Eat? The milk-free, egg-free, nut-free Food Allergy Cookbook" by Linda Coss
"What else to eat? THe dairy-free, Egg and Nut-free Food Allergy Cookbook by Linda Coss
"The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook" by Cybele Pascal
"Allergen Free Baking" by Jill RObbins. www.homefreetreats.com (look under store)
"The Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book - Great Dairy, egg and nut free treats for the whole Family" by Kelly Rudnicki
"The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook" by Leslie Hammond and Lynne Marie Rominger
"The Super Allergy Girl Gluten Free, Casein-Free, Nut-Free Allergy and Celiac Cookbook" by Lisa A. Lundy

Dream
01-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Thank you, I'm definitely going to order one to start off with.

bigsis
01-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Just wanted to add this website and it has recipes:
http://www.lisacooksallergenfree.com/