PDA

View Full Version : Denim Leggings

ray7694
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Anyone try them? Any recs? TIA!

MMMommy
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm intrigued by the concept too, and I've been thinking about it. I don't know if I can pull it off though. A friend linked me to these, which she thought was cute:

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=7083040020027&cid=49440

Melaine
01-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I just bought some last night at Ross. They were clearanced for $6.99 and are some random brand....L.A. Movers....but they fit great, are super comfy and look like really dark jeans. They probably won't last that long but I figured they would be good for trying this season to see if I like them. Love them with my shearling boots.

infomama
01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Not leggings but check these out. http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=46802&vid=1&pid=684427&mlink=46793,1616329,PBBett1_5&clink=1616329

ooooooh, love them

fortato
01-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I can't believe these are coming back in style... I see them and think about the girls that wore them when I was in school... high hair, off the shoulder shirts, and high top sneakers...

If Pegged pants come back in style, I'm going to hide in my basement until 2012.

jayali
01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Last night I was thumbing through Real Simple and they did a section on leggings. I recall that they said that denim leggings should only be worn by a small population. I don't recall the reason - but it seemed to me that they would be no different then black leggings. Maybe I am wrong.

PP very funny about peg leg pants. I am with you on that.

JBaxter
01-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I can't believe these are coming back in style... I see them and think about the girls that wore them when I was in school... high hair, off the shoulder shirts, and high top sneakers...

If Pegged pants come back in style, I'm going to hide in my basement until 2012.

Im with you sister I dont want to relive my late 80's style at all. All the stirup/ leggins are long gone along with my slouch boots and belted sweaters.

KpbS
01-14-2010, 03:11 PM
I can't believe these are coming back in style... I see them and think about the girls that wore them when I was in school...

:yeahthat:

I saw the thread title and thought it was a joke. I had no idea these were coming back! Wasn't their a similar thread last year about parachute pants/hammer pants? :barf:

spanannie
01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm intrigued by the concept too, and I've been thinking about it. I don't know if I can pull it off though. A friend linked me to these, which she thought was cute:

These are very cute IRL, but I can't even pull them over my ankles, even in the next size up. I'm going to have the skip the denim leggings. Did get some cute one for my 5 year old DD, though, and they look great with short dresses. They are one of the Nordstrom house brands.

Melaine
01-14-2010, 03:42 PM
I read one time that the rule is if you are old enough to have worn the trend before then you should pass on it. I never did the leggings, so I guess I'm ok!:tongue5:

jerigirl
01-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Cookie Johnson's new line of jeans (CJ by Cookie Johnson) has some denim leggings in it.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/templates/P5.jhtml?itemId=cat24030731&parentId=cat000034&masterId=cat000009&navAction=index

(Saw it on Oprah recently.)

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM

I have these and wear them a ton! Love!

MMMommy
01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Also saw some new denim leggings at Gap today. $69.50 (full price), so not cheap. They were called "leggings," but seemed more like actual jeans, just softer and stretchier. I don't see them online at Gap.com yet, so I can't provide a link. They also came in a black denim wash too. Saw a bunch of denim leggings at Bloomingdales today as well.

fortato
01-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Last night I was thumbing through Real Simple and they did a section on leggings. I recall that they said that denim leggings should only be worn by a small population. I don't recall the reason - but it seemed to me that they would be no different then black leggings. Maybe I am wrong.

PP very funny about peg leg pants. I am with you on that.

I believe the reason that only a small population should wear them is called "Camel toe".

Ceepa
01-14-2010, 05:45 PM
So they're skinny jeans with an elasticized waist. Can't say that I've seen those 'round these parts.

Corie
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I read one time that the rule is if you are old enough to have worn the trend before then you should pass on it. I never did the leggings, so I guess I'm ok!:tongue5:

But are you old enough to have worn the trend...that is the question. :)

citymama
01-14-2010, 06:21 PM

ITA - what next? baggy shirts and big hair? Say it isn't so!

spanannie
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
I have these and wear them a ton! Love!

How do you get them over your feet? Like I said before, I can't even get them over the feet to see how they fit? I have plenty of other AG jeans that work.

Melaine
01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
But are you old enough to have worn the trend...that is the question. :)

Not really. I was born in the 80's so when they were in, I was still being dressed by my mom and didn't care about fashion. :wink2:

MMMommy
01-14-2010, 08:07 PM
Actually, a lot of the denim leggings are actually just super soft and stretchy, very thin denim skinny jeans with a normal button fly zip. There are also kinds that do not have a button fly zip and just have an elastic waist. But I've seen both called "denim leggings" on the tags. And for the designer brand versions (James Jeans Joe's Jeans, AG, etc.), most really just look like regular skinny jeans, but are of a thinner, softer, stretchier denim and are priced in the $95 to $115 range. That is pricey, but that is the average price range for the designer brand leggings (regular jeans for those same designer brands run about $150 to $250 a pair). I'm sure there are a lot of regular priced/cheaper ones that don't cost a fortune.

Carrots
01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I have a pair that I got a couple of months ago at TJ's after seeing them in a magazine. I think I paid 7.99 for them. They are very comfortable and look just like skinny jeans, but they are soft. Now that I am pregnant I can't stand to have anything tight around my middle, so they haven't been worn much.

MamaMolly
01-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Ummm, ok since I didn't read it in the posts I'm just going to :bag and say that these look an awful lot like maternity jeans for the non-pregnant IMO. Especially the wide, stretchy elastic waistband.

cchavez
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I have these...paid much less at stein mart...I cannot believe they are calling them a "jeggings." They look cute w/ a tunic sweater and boots but not really a true legging....

http://www.ninewest.com/Pully-Legging/4470621,default,pd.html?cgid=2896802&itemNum=5&variantSizeClass=&variantColor=JJX96XX

Babymakes3
01-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Hands down these are the best leggings ever! I have a pair in the black denim and realllllly like them! I have seen the skinny jeanz ones in person as well and they are cute too. In the link below the skinny jeanz pair are perfect for wearing tall boots, nobody will ever know they are leggings! I can't stand tucking my jeans into boots so I do leggings instead, so much more comfy!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR?keyword=hue+leggings&searchorigin=keywordsearch

Hue leggings - Bloomingdales carries them too and i've seen them at Macy's as well.

MMMommy
01-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Hands down these are the best leggings ever! I have a pair in the black denim and realllllly like them! I have seen the skinny jeanz ones in person as well and they are cute too. In the link below the skinny jeanz pair are perfect for wearing tall boots, nobody will ever know they are leggings! I can't stand tucking my jeans into boots so I do leggings instead, so much more comfy!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR?keyword=hue+leggings&searchorigin=keywordsearch

Hue leggings - Bloomingdales carries them too and i've seen them at Macy's as well.

That is exactly what I want a pair for--to wear tucked into tall boots. I want the kind that have the comfort of leggings, but look like regular skinny jeans. And tucked into tall boots, they look like any skinny jean (just more comfortable).

MMMommy
01-15-2010, 12:39 AM
This James Jeans Twiggy Denim Legging is VERY comfortable. I tried them on today at Anthropologie, and they are unbelievably comfy.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=923438&navAction=jump&search=true&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS

new_mommy25
01-15-2010, 01:12 PM
I bought a pair at Ross for 4.99. I wore them for Halloween for my 80's chick costume!! Don't think I would go out in public otherwise, though they were comfy. :)