PDA

View Full Version : Canada Post b*tch

EllasMum
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
GRR. Extremely frustrated with Canada Post, today. I went to buy an envelope to mail out my niece's birthday present, and asked for Xpresspost. The clerk gives me a cardboard envelope. I commented that I thought the Xpresspost envelopes used to be plastic/bubble wrap. We had a 2-3 minute conversation about the envelopes and how they USED to be plastic but are now cardboard. I made an obvious statement that I wanted the plastic envelopes, and she just clammed up and waited for me to make up my mind. I bought the mid-sized envelope, which, because of the cardboard format, was too small. I used to buy the medium-sized plastic envelope and it was always sufficient because you could PACK them full. Cardboard? Not so much. So, I go to pack the envelope, and RIPPED it. Great. Went back to CP again to buy the bigger envelope, and shelled out another $13 (!!). I get home and show it to my mother, who wanted to include a card in with my gift. She says that I bought the wrong kind of envelope and that I should have bought the plastic one. As my blood pressure rapidly rose, I recounted my conversation with the CP employee, and how she told me the Xpresspost envelopes are now cardboard. My mother tells me that she never bothers with Xpresspost as the regular mailing envelopes ARE plastic. Um, hello????? I had a full conversation with the CP employee about the envelopes and she doesn't bother to tell me about the plastic envelopes??!

:hopmad:

I am very bitter!! This didn't improve my outlook on CP. I just about fell over the other day when i went to get postage for an envelope to the US and learned that postage is $1. A freaking dollar?! Sheesh.

<deep breath>

OK. This b*tch is over. Thanks for listening!